Author Topic: Post Your Music!  (Read 105214 times)

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
Re: Post Your Music!
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2008, 04:06:48 AM »
you have email 8)

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2008, 04:30:52 AM »
Stonefly is pretty cool has a real Deep Purple/Rainbow vibe going.

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2008, 06:05:40 AM »
Funny. A few years ago the singer, drummer and keyboard player used to do a -very good- Deep Purple tribute.

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2008, 01:25:56 PM »
20 years ago I setup a Deep Purple Tribute band here in Australia. I did 3 tours then went off to travel the world etc etc lived in Europe for 3 years via some cool places.

that band just has its 20th Anniversary show last week and is still doing pretty well.

Ironically the bass player is an old school mate who was supposed to go traveling with me. He decided to stay because he had "finally got him self into a band of quality musicians playing real gigs" oh and he met a chick he was pretty impressed with.

The chick lasted 6 months but he is still in the band 20 years later  ;D
Digresion our specialty!

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2008, 10:11:49 AM »
lots of great stuff guys......
love pilgrims surf jamz,R&B your stuff sounds just as i pictured it would very LA classic rock,All through a Life & Boilersuit are great,diggin' the Deep grooves from Stonefly.keep 'em coming ....
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2008, 12:50:13 AM »
OK, it's not the greatest mix, but this is the country band covering "Maybe" and "I Love How You Love Me".  I used the Bettie Page bass on this, and went straight into the board.

www.bandmix.com/garyweimer
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 03:33:53 PM by gweimer »
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2008, 04:07:27 AM »
Got a new very simple little song added to my TigerShark page!
It's just bass, keyboards & triangle!!! Read the short blog:

www.myspace.com/tigersharkrocks

luve2fli

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2008, 12:57:15 PM »
Cross-section of my recordings located on my Myspace page, everything with me on bass. I still gotta get some of the Union stuff up but not before the CD launch ....

http://www.myspace.com/canadianbassist

"I think it's only proper that I play until the last note of a set, then fall over and die. The band won't have to play an encore and they'll still get paid for the gig" (Dr. John)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2008, 02:41:33 PM »
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

hieronymous

• View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/hieronymous-seven
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2008, 03:15:04 PM »
I posted this in the "Alembic mania" thread, but thought I would post it here too:

It began with me wanting to record something with a sruti box application I got for my iPhone. I added a recording of some drums by my buddy Greg DeGuglielmo, then started jamming. A germ of an idea sprouted, and after much overdubbing, I ended up with four tracks of my Stanley Clarke bass - one or two have the new Roland Space Echo pedal, everything (including the iPhone stuff) is compressed by the Custom Audio Japan tube compressor, and the "bass" bass is through my old Fodera Model 2000 preamp. Even the synth part was played on the iPhone - it's the miniSynth!

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2008, 03:34:05 PM »
Cool track!  Very clever use of the iphone.

Have you seen the rjdj app yet?  A friend of mine was showing it to me on his iphone yesterday.  It creates realtime soundscapes based on noises in the environment around you.  I don't know if there is a way to dump them to a file to use in recordings (we were just listening to it thru headphones), but I thought it would be a fun, interesting, and personal way to develop ambient tracks to use in a composition.

hieronymous

• View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/hieronymous-seven
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2008, 03:54:17 PM »
Wow, that looks really cool! I downloaded something called synthPond, which they call a "spatial sequencer" - interesting, but I'm not totally in love with it. Brian Eno has something too - it's called Bloom - but I haven't downloaded it yet. Overall, there's some pretty amazing stuff out there!

Earwigger

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2008, 02:02:45 PM »
Hi all!  Newb here, but here are my bands' pages.  I did not do the bass tracks on the recordings for DoHM (was not in the band yet) but everything else is me.

www.myspace.com/animatedrecords - that's my piano/drums/bass jam band.  good stuff.  Recorded with my 2500 Tribute into my Roland rig.  Except Old Man and Fast as Gravity, which is my new Warwick $$.  Oh, and No Reason was recorded with my old BB415.
www.myspace.com/rdsr                  - radiohead/incubus inspired, can't describe a genre.  Recorded with a Kramer 650B aluminum neck bass and an old Crate combo on home recording stuff.
www.myspace.com/dohmsound        - prog metal.  The bass player on the recordings uses a Pedulla Thunderbass through a Fender BXR100 bass combo.  Studio recordings.
www.myspace.com/30shortsongs     - 30 short songs, comedy project with friends.  Recorded on multiple basses.  My Geddy Lee, a no-name P bass, an Ibanez EBX445, my SR506, and my Takamine EG512C ABG, all through home recording stuff.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 02:42:11 PM by Earwigger »

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2008, 03:23:18 PM »
Nice stuff earwigger.

Funny but I am from the Cleveland area. My wife is from Bay Village & I'm from North Olmsted. Lakewood is a cool city. I moved away in 79.

Earwigger

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2008, 05:00:59 PM »
My girlfriend is from Bay Village, and I used to live in Fairview Park which is right next to Olmsted.  It's a small world!