Author Topic: Post Your Music!  (Read 105163 times)

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
Re: Post Your Music!
« Reply #405 on: February 17, 2016, 09:10:58 AM »
Well it ain't The Fixx, but dig.    :P

Tauruses are fun aren't they?  Me bud has one he used at the same time as guitar in an noise blues band we were in. 

I'll have some new stuff here soon -  just got the masters back and they're waaaaaay too squished.   

Big, big Fixx fan. Are you hearing that, or are you just messing with me?  ;D A co-worker (suburban soccer-mom type) mentioned the Police. Must just be the clean guitar sounds?

Taurus is awesome. I don't use the real ones live, but rather Roland PK-5 through a Roland Juno-G.

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #406 on: February 17, 2016, 12:57:22 PM »
I knew that from back in the day; you wore your fandom on your sleeve (but yeah, there is a bit of that in there for sure, among the other things).

Not so Police-y to me.  Very different in terms of playing style and tone, and busier arrangements because it's not a trio (or it doesn't sound like one anyway).
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

Pekka

• View Profile
    • Riverdog Samson
« Reply #407 on: February 17, 2016, 01:10:06 PM »
WARNING - electric violins, Taurus pedals, and shifting time signatures ahead!  8)

https://www.reverbnation.com/nomadic1/song/25337793-the-take

The description sounds like FM and I don't mean that 80's UK AOR act. ;) I'll take a listen when I have the time.

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 17, 2016, 01:15:08 PM »
... so you mean the band I was in during the latter part of High School?  Didn't think anyone had heard of us  :P

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #409 on: February 18, 2016, 08:28:48 AM »
I knew that from back in the day; you wore your fandom on your sleeve (but yeah, there is a bit of that in there for sure, among the other things).

Not so Police-y to me.  Very different in terms of playing style and tone, and busier arrangements because it's not a trio (or it doesn't sound like one anyway).

It finally occurred to me last night that I did a Fixx cover on the Dude Pit CD.  ;D DUH!

The description sounds like FM and I don't mean that 80's UK AOR act. ;) I'll take a listen when I have the time.

Another major influence. I'm really glad we went with violin instead of a keyboardist. He plays a 7 string that goes down to guitar drop-D in pitch through a full guitar rig. Pretty amazing. He also plays a couple times a year with a Tool tribute where he does all the guitar parts.

Pekka

• View Profile
    • Riverdog Samson
« Reply #410 on: February 23, 2016, 01:01:55 AM »
Sounded great Tom! A bit like FM but much harder. Like a cross between them and UK but without keyboards. Good singer, his tone reminded me a bit of Ian Anderson.

E: The singer is you (checked from Nomadic's FB page). :)

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #411 on: February 23, 2016, 08:51:32 AM »
Thanks Pekka! The singing thing is a bit scary, but I'm going to power through it and see what the general response is. We decided early on to go for it without a keyboardist, but wanted another sound source, so we found ourselves a great violinist. I'm really just having fun with this, and drawing from late 70s/early 80s prog like what UK, Rush, FM, and Crimson were doing around that time. Tracking drums and bass for 3 more songs on 3/6.

Pekka

• View Profile
    • Riverdog Samson
« Reply #412 on: February 26, 2016, 06:54:46 AM »
Just put both of our albums to youtube (no vids, just music and an album cover to stare at). We got it covered now: vinyl, cd, digital download, Spotify, youtube...I hope no one wants a cassette! (I can make a copy but it won't be cheap...)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_u8MDmn9J-pR9QjRub_Whp0uwS5-uBbY

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_u8MDmn9J-reUvGv_gpAfR8Ru_HBFnGf

Basshappi

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 26, 2016, 04:02:57 PM »
Good stuff Pekka, really like what you're doing!
"Out Of Water" is very cool.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 04:19:39 PM by Basshappi »
Nothing is what it seems but everthing is exactly what it is.

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 03, 2016, 12:34:22 PM »
Finally got this sorted out. 

Keratroid Soundcloud

or

Keratoid Bandcamp

wellREDman

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 10, 2016, 09:51:53 AM »
 So this is my final assessed performance for my college course, I still cant quite get my head round the fact that a rock gig can net me the equivalent of A-levels
  I'm the guitarist on stage right who has the technical difficulties at the beginning I switched to guitar this term because the guy I get on best with at college is also a bass player so to be in a band with him I had to trade down

the second half of the set is better , Midlife Crisis anyone?

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 18, 2016, 04:57:36 PM »
There's a local guy doing these so we had him do a run of the ep I posted above.  Monophonic single sided 10" picture disc.  Sounds pretty damn good actually.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 18, 2016, 11:52:29 PM »
Well posh boyo... 8)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pekka

• View Profile
    • Riverdog Samson
« Reply #418 on: April 28, 2016, 01:51:12 AM »
A guitarist friend wanted to track his own instrumental stuff so that's what we did. The most prog of the tunes I guess:

https://soundcloud.com/user-40848998/back-to-utopia

Not mastered yet. Me on 12-string bass (bass solo played on a non-reverse 'bird) and a bit of a synthesizer.

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #419 on: April 28, 2016, 07:06:50 AM »
A guitarist friend wanted to track his own instrumental stuff so that's what we did. The most prog of the tunes I guess:

https://soundcloud.com/user-40848998/back-to-utopia

Not mastered yet. Me on 12-string bass (bass solo played on a non-reverse 'bird) and a bit of a synthesizer.

This is great, thanks for posting!