Author Topic: 8 x 10 cab  (Read 10912 times)

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
Re: 8 x 10 cab
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2011, 12:43:22 AM »
Worth a read even if its just for the EVH story about how he can hear the difference between cabs made of 6 or 7 ply and Eric Johnson can hear the difference between Duracell batteries and Energizers  :sad:

EVH? His reputation for tone tips and work partnership history should speak for itself. The only difference he heard was in the amount of his endorsement royalties.

As for Eric Johnson and batteries, that story has been exaggerated and changed. What he is talking about IS a real and scientifically measureable phenomena; in pedals, different types of batteries do make them sound different. It annoys the shit outta me that no one has apparently ever brought it to his attention. Carbon or "heavy duty" batteries have different voltage drop and current capacity than alkaline batteries and it does have a sonic impact in a guitar pedal. Danelectro marketed a carbon battery for many years under the 'vintage tone' moniker. You could buy them for $9 apiece as a music store... or you could pay $1 for the same thing without the brand at any store selling 'heavy duty' nine volts.

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2011, 10:03:33 AM »
Danelectro marketed a carbon battery for many years under the 'vintage tone' moniker. You could buy them for $9 apiece as a music store... or you could pay $1 for the same thing without the brand at any store selling 'heavy duty' nine volts.

I have two of those here that came with some Dano pedals that I had. Since they are "aged" now, they have a warmer, mellower - even more "vintage tone". I will let them go for $25 each if anyone is interested. ;D
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2011, 11:24:03 AM »
EVH? His reputation for tone tips and work partnership history should speak for itself. The only difference he heard was in the amount of his endorsement royalties.

:mrgreen:

But his twin sister knows her stuff.  ;)

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2011, 01:37:51 PM »
Eddie was prettier pre-op. :mrgreen:

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2011, 09:14:48 AM »
Nope. Patti was always and continues to be prettier. Did he spend all his life under tanning spots? Talk about wrinkles.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...