Author Topic: Kids in America  (Read 6681 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Kids in America
« on: January 18, 2008, 11:20:39 AM »

I don't think I've ever posted this anywhere, its a video of the band set against our studio recording, so things aren't completely sync'd, but its not bad. I used my Green '76 for the recording, in the vid I'm playing my Black '77.....yeah, that one George  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/v/sKMQJdsypvQ&rel=1
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 05:28:18 PM by Dave W »
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Barklessdog

• View Profile
Re: Kids in America
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 11:55:12 AM »
Great Video. Your singer is really good, also nice bass playing!

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 12:43:32 PM »
I like!

doombass

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 03:38:11 PM »
Love it!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 05:33:49 PM »
Sorry Mark, our settings prevent embedding flash so I removed all the stuff that doesn't work and left the link.

Nice performance, one of my all-time favorite songs.

But I gotta say, your singer is no Kim Wilde in 1981. ;) Of course Kim Wilde 2008 isn't Kim Wilde 1981 either.  :D

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 06:23:38 PM »
 "But I gotta say, your singer is no Kim Wilde in 1981.  Of course Kim Wilde 2008 isn't Kim Wilde 1981 either."

Gotta say, playing the bass on this song is nothing compared to the vocal chore, even the background (that's me!) stuff is very hard. We have to play this after we're warmed up a bit, it's just that hard.   
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 10:14:01 PM »
Baa, I liked it - killer bass tone!

I just can't adjust to "chicks" singing the low "Na, Na, Na" backing vocals :D 

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 11:02:27 PM »
Gotta say, playing the bass on this song is nothing compared to the vocal chore, even the background (that's me!) stuff is very hard. We have to play this after we're warmed up a bit, it's just that hard.   

Mark, I probably wasn't making myself clear. I was making a little joke about appearance, not criticizing the vocals. IMO Kim Wilde was very hot back in the day.

Max Soren

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 05:24:20 AM »
Mark, I probably wasn't making myself clear. I was making a little joke about appearance, not criticizing the vocals. IMO Kim Wilde was very hot back in the day.

I agree that Kim Wilde looked extremely hot in the "Kids in America" video. 

rockinrayduke

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 05:42:20 AM »
That was fun!

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 10:05:28 AM »

"Mark, I probably wasn't making myself clear. I was making a little joke about appearance, not criticizing the vocals. IMO Kim Wilde was very hot back in the day."

Ahhh , Okay. We've all been working her on that, and to her credit she underwent a cosemtic surgery and has made a lot of changes to her apperance. much for the better. We played N.Y.E and the crowd loved her......which is what is supposed to happen.This her and I during that show

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 05:50:42 PM »
Great job Mark!
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 09:24:00 PM »
that was very cool,i like the "high 8" look. great bass tone. what amp do you use.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2008, 09:57:55 PM »

Its a GK 1001RBII thru 2 4x10 SBX cabinets with a LINE6 pedal. I've had it about 3 years, so far its done pretty well. Its lots easier (for me) to move two smaller cabs than a single 8x10, and its loud, I've never even had it at half volume....it would likely kill something! Nice amp... 

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 01:21:49 PM »
I like your singer on that, way more cool and shall I say experienced than Fräulein Wilde's nasal approach.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...