Author Topic: I wondered where the hell you guys went!  (Read 9783 times)

Barklessdog

• View Profile
Re: I wondered where the hell you guys went!
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 10:53:34 AM »
Steve was gracious to us and really we all met because of Steve, because of that I can and wont ever have ill will toward him
Steve is trying to go on to the next level of forums, he's not there yet. I think it's a great idea if he can get it right.

I believe Steve is trying to build something that can make money on ( NOTHING wrong with that)

I think us old timers just want sameness. We all had such a great time in the early Pit, I don't think anyone has yet to replicate that experience till now.

PhilT

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2008, 11:40:23 AM »
Leaving aside the Pit's problems, how much of this Web 2 stuff does anyone really find useful?

Myspace, great for networking as a add-on to a band website and I've kind of thought about it for personal use, but never found the time. No interest in Facebook or any of the others. Photo hosting sites are just useful for sending pictures to friends and family, or posting on boards like this. We have Google Calendar set up for the band, which is really good.  That's about it for me.

If we were really going to the next level, shouldn't it be an island on Second Life? (http://secondlife.com/) In the virtual Fender bar everything would be bolted together, bit like an Ikea showroom. The Gibson bar would look great, but with rough edges. And everything would be chrome, except when Uwe walked in. The avatars should be interesting, I think I'd go back to the hedgehog.

Andrew

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2008, 12:17:19 PM »
I'll always be a fan of all the good things Steve did with the Pit. In fact, Steve's post was how I found out about this place. As long as there are interesting people posting interesting things there, I'll still be involved. That being said, I was missing the camaraderie that we had as various people found new online homes. The thing that amazes me here is that after a week, the Post has more familiar names than I've seen in one place in the last year or more. So while I haven't given up on being a Pitter, I now consider myself a full fledged Poster as well. Props to Dave and Uwe... Well done!

Well said George, I agree. The 'post looks to be shaping up to be a great group of guys in short order. It'd be cool if there was a way to have here and the Pit be more brother-boards than competition for each other.
If you don't post on the Pit any more I'll be glad to see you here, otherwise I hope to see everyone on both boards.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2008, 12:26:24 PM »
If you don't post on the Pit any more I'll be glad to see you here,

Nothing against any other site but having to go to four different places to show off or post something new was a pain in arse. After a while you just did not do it and thus lost touch with people I considered friends or at least people who had great input and humorous opinions. Some people just disappeared entirely.

I missed the days of the latest Aussie Mark gaudy Shirt threads, trying to out bid or slag something from under Frankensteinburger (RIP) and Hippie Sandwich's latest $5,000 bass acquisition.

Now we can just stay here and not have to wander the internet to repost the same thing four times.

Also with no animosity toward anyone or any place. We always needed a real home anyway. The kids have grown up and moved out into their own house- OUR HOUSE!

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2008, 12:32:03 PM »

"The kids have grown up and moved out into their own house- OUR HOUSE!"

Okay, but being the token "girl" I need my own bedroom and bathroom, you guys all have to share! :D
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2008, 12:42:40 PM »
If only Foover would resurface- She was a great person, I really enjoyed her posts.

PhilT

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2008, 01:16:15 PM »
She hangs out elsewhere.

doombass

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2008, 04:42:44 PM »
Steve has been the generous owner of the field, but Dave has always been my shepherd.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2008, 05:25:08 PM »
 :-[ Thanks, Daniel, but I can't take credit for the way most of us got to know each other...it really just sort of happened around me.

Muzikman7

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2008, 07:43:48 PM »
Hello George nice to see you.
Tony

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2008, 08:23:13 PM »
"The kids have grown up and moved out into their own house- OUR HOUSE!"

Okay, but being the token "girl" I need my own bedroom and bathroom, you guys all have to share! :D
i'll mark my territory like a wolf.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2008, 10:01:21 PM »
............but Dave has always been my shepherd.

Dave is my sheperd...... ::)

BaaAAAaaaaaa!

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2008, 11:08:40 PM »
Hello George nice to see you.

Thanks Tony. I like your avatar!

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2008, 05:00:28 AM »
He brought a plant as a gift for the new place!

Muzikman7

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2008, 09:51:26 AM »
"Thanks Tony. I like your avatar!" Thanks George.                                                                                                   "He brought a plant as a gift for the new place!"  I thought the place could use a plant or two.                                     
Tony