Author Topic: S. Korean Lemmy knockoff... what's next?  (Read 17546 times)

Alanko

• View Profile
Re: S. Korean Lemmy knockoff... what's next?
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2018, 03:06:11 PM »
I documented my experience with a Chinese seller on Talkbass, per: https://www.talkbass.com/threads/nbd-chinese-dan-armstrong-ampeg-counterfeit.1375360/#post-22030594

A couple of posters got the wrong end of the stick. I'm neither complaining about, or endorsing, these products! The "Dan Armstrong" I bought is a total shed, and will take a bit of work to get it in line.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2018, 11:08:27 PM »
I documented my experience with a Chinese seller on Talkbass, per: https://www.talkbass.com/threads/nbd-chinese-dan-armstrong-ampeg-counterfeit.1375360/#post-22030594

A couple of posters got the wrong end of the stick. I'm neither complaining about, or endorsing, these products! The "Dan Armstrong" I bought is a total shed, and will take a bit of work to get it in line.

Only a bit? You're a glutton for punishment.

I like that you posted a realistic picture of what to expect. It always amuses me when someone claims their $100 Les Paul knockoff "smokes" the real thing.

tore00

• Southern by grace of God
    • View Profile
    • Snakebite
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2018, 12:50:40 PM »
I have to say that my LK 4003 satisfies me. I replaced bridge and pickup cover but just for aesthetics. I rewired with two stacked vol and added tone adjustements to the 3 way switch. It’s a nice bass that plays well. Quite aggressive, with distortion at the neck pickups but it fine for what I play.
I have a real 4003 that is a very different beast but frankly when I am playing with her, I cannot avoid thinking .... and what’s about if they steal her while I am having third beer after the gig?
Maker of the Bad-Sonic Pickups

wellREDman

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2019, 02:14:00 PM »
when I retire I'm gonna spend a year with a dremmel and try one of these (not necessarily the ric), but the carving is calling me
 how bout a carved bird?

Jeff Scott

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2019, 11:33:57 AM »
when I retire I'm gonna spend a year with a dremmel and try one of these (not necessarily the ric), but the carving is calling me
 how bout a carved bird?
You mean, like a turkey?  :mrgreen:

thx1955

• It's Red Jim, but not as we know it
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2019, 04:28:07 PM »
Yeah, "slightly."

Be skeptical of low-priced "Rickenbackers" coming out of China. What you get is not what you see. This one is clearly a real V63 in the photos, but that's likely not the one you'll get for that money.

Never mind China ....
Be skeptical of low priced Rickenbackers in general !

wellREDman

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2019, 02:51:06 PM »

:rimshot:

You mean, like a turkey?  :mrgreen: