Author Topic: Music videos that feature EB0 to EB4 and SG variant basses...  (Read 164618 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: Music videos that feature EB0 to EB4 and SG variant basses...
« Reply #255 on: February 11, 2013, 04:23:45 PM »
... forgive me!!!

That's the sort of error the prosecution love... ;)

I have some pictures I took of him playing a doubleneck that I should dig out the negatives and check too - does look odd - never noticed before...
This is an image on Getty - also has an XLR connector as well as dublication of controls...

The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #256 on: February 12, 2013, 08:48:52 AM »

In ever rarer idle moments I've been looking for video evidence of Pete Agnew (of Nazareth) actually playing an EB live thru several Marshalls as he he did when I saw them back '75.........

Day of the show........Before my buddy Jim and I sat out front smoking pot waiting to get in.

No luck finding the EB at all  :sad:  Instead, we have ample evidence supporting Uwe's insistance of Roger Glover being an influence on the band. Forward the video to 0.48, you'll see Pete playing Roger's modified Rickenbacker 4001!  Kudos, Uwe!

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 12, 2013, 09:51:50 AM »
Pah, I'll beat you with this here!

:mrgreen:

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 12, 2013, 12:53:08 PM »

In ever rarer idle moments I've been looking for video evidence of Pete Agnew (of Nazareth) actually playing an EB live thru several Marshalls as he he did when I saw them back '75.........

Day of the show........Before my buddy Jim and I sat out front smoking pot waiting to get in.

No luck finding the EB at all  :sad:  Instead, we have ample evidence supporting Uwe's insistance of Roger Glover being an influence on the band. Forward the video to 0.48, you'll see Pete playing Roger's modified Rickenbacker 4001!  Kudos, Uwe!

I think come Razamanaz Pete realized that he had gone as far as he could with the EB. Tere is no way you can get that sound out of short scale maho bass.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 06:08:09 PM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 12, 2013, 04:22:04 PM »
Scottish band like Nazareth... only had to ask... ;D

Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #260 on: February 12, 2013, 05:12:59 PM »

But that's not live.........They're yukkin' it up to the studio recording, not the same thing.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 12, 2013, 05:45:39 PM »
No pleasing some folks... ;)

same era, from a BBC (LIVE) broadcast - certainly sounds like he was using an EB on this one... not Paris - Palace Theatre, London...

Check out the Naz items I found in the T'bird section...

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #262 on: February 22, 2013, 06:42:10 PM »
OK, so I was looking for an Embassy, but found this instead.  I'm going to find Fang with the Embassy eventually.

Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #263 on: February 23, 2013, 01:41:30 PM »
Kicks was a BIG hit back then.  Note that the bass line is really an integral part of that tune.

I loved Revere and the Raiders - great music, and I'm still trying to pick a number of theirs I can work into our set.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #264 on: February 23, 2013, 03:17:19 PM »
Kicks was a BIG hit back then.  Note that the bass line is really an integral part of that tune.

I loved Revere and the Raiders - great music, and I'm still trying to pick a number of theirs I can work into our set.

In my search, I found this with some really nice work from Fang.

And this has probably always been my favorite.

Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 23, 2013, 03:28:35 PM »
Kicks was a BIG hit back then.  Note that the bass line is really an integral part of that tune.

I once had a dream in which Kicks played in its entirety throughout the dream.  It sounded really good, too.  Along with a dream in which I was a Roman soldier, that's one of the weirdest dreams I've ever had. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #266 on: February 23, 2013, 03:32:04 PM »
That'a great number from the jack Benny show - Fang was all OVER that one!

A couple of my all-time faves are The Great Airplane Strike - especially the bass lead at the start of the number....looks like Fang has a Hofner.

And "Hungry", which was another biggie and is a pretty powerful song....and the bass just slams the listeners all through it....

« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 03:44:55 PM by Pilgrim »
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 23, 2013, 07:15:16 PM »
The Raiders were huge for several years. You had to be there.

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 24, 2013, 08:39:01 AM »
my first concert. i was 13 or 14. the band was great but the fire marshall pulled the plug early because of the beatle type pandemonium. being a record geek of sorts people are still paying premium collector prices for certain raiders records.
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

patman

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 24, 2013, 03:32:47 PM »
years ago we would do a 20 minute medley of their stuff...always got a good dance response