Author Topic: It had to happen, I swear this is one of my old Basses back on ebay  (Read 1124 times)

• View Profile
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190517961284&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNAFP:US:1123

I got it from ebay back in the days of the pit the neck was at a "odd" angle & I sold it for whatever I paid for it  about $100 or so a lot less then it’s being listed for today, kind of odd seeing it now, I guess I could feel worse it could be a Bass I hated to sell come back to haunt me,
Cheers

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: It had to happen, I swear this is one of my old Basses back on ebay
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 09:07:38 PM »
Jaime, are you sure you paid that little within the past 10 years? If so, you got a bargain, I haven't seen one under $300 since the early 90s. These aren't that rare, does this have some markings that let you know this is the one you had?

• View Profile
Re: It had to happen, I swear this is one of my old Basses back on ebay
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 08:37:10 AM »
Yeah Dave the shape of the back plate (the neck should be set) & the way the name is on the HS tell me it’s the same one,  I got it pretty cheap I threw in a bid just for the hell of it & was shocked to win when I got my hands on it I realized two things 1. The neck really needed Pro work done & 2. Wyman was a much better Bass Player then he’s given credit for being, I remember it sounded ok but I found it “toy-like” Steve Barr told me to hang it on the wall as art, if it had been just like Wyman’s I may have kept it but I ebayed it & the guy who got was happy w/ it,
Cheers

Speaking of Wyman here’s a clip of him fighting his back when they still played live on a TV show.