Author Topic: "Money for Nothing" censored in Canada  (Read 5412 times)

Hornisse

Re: "Money for Nothing" censored in Canada
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2011, 04:11:20 PM »
Watching some of those old All In The Family reruns it's amazing what Archie Bunker got away with. 

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2011, 03:38:04 PM »
we call 'em PT Cruisers 'round here

That got a pretty healthy snort at the Carlston house.  :mrgreen:

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2011, 07:10:12 AM »
Watching some of those old All In The Family reruns it's amazing what Archie Bunker got away with. 

True, but that's some funny stuff!!!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2011, 12:04:20 PM »

That show, Sanford and Son, and others are what I was referring to. I know that Archie Bunker was supposed to be a buffoon and ignorant, but the fact that they could still use his language and outlook as a foil for jokes kind of invalidates the idea that "certain words" are so heinous and hurtful that only some people should be allowed to use them (because they're only heinous and hurtful coming from a select group of people).

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2011, 12:38:44 PM »
That show, Sanford and Son, and others are what I was referring to. I know that Archie Bunker was supposed to be a buffoon and ignorant, but the fact that they could still use his language and outlook as a foil for jokes kind of invalidates the idea that "certain words" are so heinous and hurtful that only some people should be allowed to use them (because they're only heinous and hurtful coming from a select group of people).

"...and then there's Maude"
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter