Author Topic: How NOT to behave here  (Read 4382 times)

Vetchking@aol.com

• View Profile
How NOT to behave here
« on: November 19, 2011, 02:13:04 AM »
George Grexa Here:  I am the President of the New "acoustic" USA Co.  ( LOL, it happened ), I'm actually a 58 year old Record Producer/ drummer.   I had a great teacher when I was Nine.  Had students at 15.  Went to Youngstown State, Then North Texas. Play in 13/4 and 11/4, etc.

Now you know who I am.  Anyhow,

The New 360/361 took over 9 years on my part and Mr. Mark Jamieson.   The level of work is just stupid.  You wouldn't believe the stories.

Now, Tube amps, WHY?   Tubes were from the 40's, 50's, 60's.  That warm Tone that rich bass sound.  Cool.  Now 1968, The Acoustic Control Corporation. Changed all that. Period.

Bass players don't need tubes.  If you want to  believe that crap. Go for it. Carry that 98 pound head around. Cool. Your call.  But, If your a real tube guy.  You need to replace the tubes every year or so.   Try $375.00. ............Oh, you need to re- bias them.  Good luck with that.

( I have a dear friend Mr. Ron Marks ( guitar god ) ( Celtic Frost ), Like Heavy.  They win. It's in the history books. Ron replaces his tubes every year.  Guitar players need tubes.  They have to break up. Cool.

Bass guys, don't need tubes.  Ever.

Ok, back to Acoustic, Control Corp.  (1968)

The owner and the two designers were a very unique trio.  Steve Marks, Harvey Gerst, and Russ Allee.

Harvey was the street guy, Russ Was the intellectually guy. They used to fight,   ( they are both in their 70's now, today still  dear friends. )

Harvey would tell Russ ........... Now here's what we need Hendricks is now playing 10,000 seaters and the stages are getting bigger and bigger and we need this and that. Russ would go what?  that makes no scence?

Russ would get his morning coffee and have a muffin and design a new amp on his napkin.  Whoaaaaaaaaaaa.

I got really lucky, I met Harvey, he introduced me to Russ.  ( the rest is history ) When Russ agreed to design the new 360/361. My arm stretched out and I just looked at the phone. WOW, Russ Allee just agreed to design my new amp. I was floored.

I never thought about the electronics again.  I went out and got $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, then lawyers, then accountants, then bankers, then amp manufacturers, blah blah bla.  Tons of work. Tons. God bless Mark Jamieson.

Any of you guys got a partner that will spend 6 hours a day for 10 months looking for handles........... I do.......... (I also did that). 
10 months later we had our handles.  We we're so excited the day the samples came we went to the bar. Brought it with us showd it to the bar tender, and said Here's our handle.  LOL. Of coures no one knew cared or knew what we were talking about. But by God. We got out handle.  The wheels......... same story.  LOL You people have no idea what is involved here. None. And No im not a jerk.

This is all real.

Steve Rabe worked for Acoustic. Then Russ left and started AMP. Amplified Music Products.  Bh 420.  Great famous amp.  Steve Rabe worked there also.  Then started SWR. Cool   Gibson, thunderfunk, SWR, all built from the AMP Bh420.  It's all real. Check it out. Cool.

So, Russ, is "The Godfather of Electric Bass Amplification"  It's totally documented. Not my bs.  I get slaughtered a lot, I'm just telling the facts.

As I read this forum, So many of you must get your info from comic books.

Believe me, I'm not special........ by any means, I'm not patting myself on the back.  I'm really not that guy.  I just have this information.

I keep reading,  I had a 360 back in the the day, I loved it. Then I read I had an Acoustic 360, I couldn't hear myself on stage.

Now, since I was in several bands in the day........... 360 on stage, I could always hear it, Always.

Then we go to the guys that have heard a 360 in the last 20 years......... whine........ Oh, I didn't like it.!!!!

Well, dufus, it's 42 yrs old. are ou playing a mint one.  Hell, they've had 42 yrs to screw it up. I started out restoring old ones.  WOW. Unreal. dead amp, screwed up pre-amp. Dude, I just scored an original 360. The speaker was dead, I replaced it with a 18" black widow.
It's awsome.

Well, now it makes sound.  Guess what?????????  You still don't have a 360.............. LOL.

The original 360 is the Holy Grail.  That pre-amp, that cab, the amp (200 watts), Buy the way guys it's loud. You can Rock it, Funk it , and play it like a Celllo.  In the real world Watts are a joke.  Well, I have a 1200 watt( xyz brand) it's awsome.  Watts create heat and cause amp failure,  cool let's get a 800 watt bass amp, my buddy only has 600 Watts ( I'm a badd ass).

Let's learn people.  It's 2011.  It's all come a long way. There's over 50 bass companys.  WOW, light weight, $200.00 for an amp. Coool.

My amps are  High -End. Pro-gear.

Here ya go. In 1968, the 360/361 Was....... $1,299.00.  Plus Tax. Fair trade laws.  No fake 20, 30 40 50 60 70% off.

Go to google, type money conversion, ........... $1,299.99 (in 1968)  is around $8,600.00 Today.( Holy crap Batman.) 

When we started "acoustic" USA, we got Russ's designs. Harvey sent cab designs. Cool, our mentors are the guys. They are the real Guys.  God Bless  them. I got lucky.

In fact your lucky. We spent over 9 yrs, doing this. I had no idea,

Our retail price 2 yrs ago was around $6,200.00.  Crap, I'm dead. That's alot of money. WOW.

I called Harvey Gerst, Hey, Harvey, were you guys expensive, Oh, George, we were always the most expensive amp out there.
 I said " thank God" We still are?  We laughed.

Anyhow, Mark and I spent thousands of hours and we ....... With out loosing qulity sourced all 531 parts and got the retail to $5,000.00

Actually cheap. Make in the USA. and yes, many parts are off shore.  Hey, Not my fault.

The 531 parts are 6 months out, 14 weeks out, capisotors are 8 months out, 12 weeks, 6 weeks, blah blah blah, to get all the 531 parts in the building to make one............. Is nuts............. You guys geting this............ It's  nuts.

So, Many stores and rep-groups, asked George what are your price points.

George, we don't have any!

........... Well is your 4 x 10 $299.00 is it $599.99. What is it.??????

Dude, you don't get It, I''m  bring back " acoustic made in the USA"........... duh, I told my guys make it great.     Get it ? 

MAKE It GREAT, Period.

Were gonna make it Great, that's it. Make it Great.  I'm serious here.  What the hell do I care if it's 500 or 1000. My names on it.

If they don't want it......... That's ok, Play China stuff.  I'm a music guy. I'm 58, I'm gonna die.  This is the real deal.

First off  it's all about music, and tone.

The real guys play the new amp and loose it. 

LJ Johnston of 38 Special ( southern Rock, original member of Lynyrd Skynyrd) ..... Ps. go see them. The lead singer is great, the background vocals are stunning, the drummer is flawless and perfect.  The guitars are good as I've ever heard. And LJ is the guy.

Anyhow LJ, played the New 360 for 2 minutes and looked at me and pointed over his shoulder and said George I'm selling that thing. It was him Ampeg SVT 810.

2 minuter, LJ is very cool been on the road for 40 yrs.  Very nice guy.

Flea called me, He said I love your amps. cool.

He told me, he felt bad leaving GK, he told me they were good to him. But I want to play your amps.

He was heading for a interview with Rolling Stone. I said, will you say it's the worlds greatest bass amp.

He said................ NO

My heart sank.

But, I will say ......................It's the Best Amp I Ever Played.  Cool.

Oh, our pre-amp weight about 12 pounds. WOW, the 361 cab is about 150, it Moves very nice.  And for all the old fans, I'll never move one of those again......... We built the 361m cab. 36" by 24.5 by 15, fits in the car. Neo-15' ......................Slick .

Anyhow, guys, Acoustic ruled the world.

Don't tell me Jaco wouldn't play the New 360.

Since you tell me he would not today with the amp manufactures over 50,   today.

I'm gonna tell ya .......... If Jaco had the New Russ Allee design. 360,  2011.

He'd be doing cart wheels.   He'd also create 4 new JAco grooves............... LOL.

So, please you guys, don't dissssssssssss my new company. Till you stand in front of one.

We worked like pigs to build this company.  So, don't buy one, buy one.............. Play SWR, who ever.

All we did wrong was build an amazing American product, advised by the greats, we spent 9 yrs, to do it.

Anyhow, My wife hates how I write, but............ It's me.  Nothing personal here.  But, some of you need to think outside the box.

That's not mean. 

It's all about music......... That's a fact we all love it.  So, go practice your bass. Play anything you want. They all make sound.

Now all ya need is a good drummer, good, guitar player, and add horns and keys if you wish.

God Bless Ya All.   Music #1.  Have fun.

here's our new website............ www.acousticbassusa.com.

My phone is 1-(724)-589-5440  The web site gives a 800 free number. You'll enjoy the call.  It's 3:25 Am I'm going to bed.

Later.

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
How NOT to behave here
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 02:37:31 AM »
I'm leaving the prior post as-is for now, but unless we get some more activity in the next day from "Vetchking@aol.com," it's getting axed as SPAM. Even if he does stick around for more than just a drive-by troll, the post requires some major editing to stay.  Discussion is what is supposed to take place here. The previous post is a cut-n-paste monologue (that I'll wager is on a few other forums identically) and is basically a free ad. That is seriously NOT cool. Right now what we have is a zombie thread dredged up for free advertisement. Regardless of any other actions, that will change. If Vetchking@aol.com wants to be a participant in this forum, it will be as an equal, not a pitchman.  

I'll ask everyone else here to refrain from replying until this is sorted out. I don't want to delete posts, but I'm leaving the thread unlocked so Vetchking@aol.com can respond and/or edit his post for the next 24 hours. After that, it's axed and the thread goes back to the grave. Anyone who has any questions or comments about this, please PM me.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 03:24:35 AM by Psycho Bass Guy »

Vetchking@aol.com

• View Profile
How NOT to behave here
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 07:06:22 AM »
Hey, It's an old thread.

I'm new here.  Someone sent it to me. I'm kind of really busy, trying to stay alive. Edit anything you want.

It was never ment to be an add.  I thought I was providing a few cool stories. and some new info about a famous brand that dissapeared for 27 yrs. 

Nothing more.

Just learned about your site.

But, is it so bad several people worked there balls off, just building a bass amp.

I would think, we want more manufacturing in the USA.

Hey, It's not an ad.  I think I even said buy what you want, Practice, Practice, Practice,

It's all about music. All the amps make sound.

I'm 58 yrs old. Just adding info. 

If I was selling.......... doing A SPAM AD.  You'd KNOW.  LOL.

I want every one to have a nice life and be happy.

I do not know how to edit it, So, sorry if I did something wrong.  I didn't mean to.  George Grexa

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
How NOT to behave here
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 07:34:13 AM »
 I have a 370 and a 406 cab. Nice amp. More later.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
How NOT to behave here
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 10:21:51 AM »

Ya Think?

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
How NOT to behave here
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 10:49:45 AM »
I'm kind of really busy, trying to stay alive. Edit anything you want.

I'd rather not have a reason to. I'd rather take a chance on a new poster who probably has a lot to contribute. You've already replied, which is a nice surprise. I ask that you hear what I have to say and adjust accordingly.

Here are my issues with your previous post:

You make a lot of blanket statements about what players need or should have. We're big boys here and quite capable of deciding that for ourselves. This isn't Talkbass and none of us asked how we should spend Daddy's money. If you want us to buy your amps, tell us specifically what makes them a better product. Feel free to be a technical as you like. There are a few engineers around here who can translate. ;)

The 'verbal style' of your post is very difficult to put into a conversational context. The way you've posted automatically makes even a curious potential customer's questions seem hostile. Don't automatically assume that you understand this forum well enough to address it that way. It's rude and disrespectful. The way you have interspersed your anecdotes with salesmanship is just plain hard to follow. If you've spent any time of forums at all, you know that type of post is annoying, and I'm not even talking about the content. That format is very off-putting. You can see plenty of back and forth in other threads. Just adjust what you say similarly.

It was never ment to be an add.  I thought I was providing a few cool stories. and some new info about a famous brand that dissapeared for 27 yrs.

We're not stupid. Of course it was an ad, which in and of itself isn't necessarily bad. There are several posters here who talk about their own bass-related businesses quite often, but the difference is that they did not introduce themselves like that. What you said and the way said it came off as very patronizing to me and others. Don't be 'that guy.'

But, is it so bad several people worked there balls off, just building a bass amp.

I know from experience what goes into building an amp, and so do lots of others here. You can work yourself to death whittling a log down to a toothpick with a pocketknife. That doesn't mean that toothpick is any better than a mass-produced one. No one has said anything negative in regards to your product. I have an issue with your posting conduct, but I'm willing to cut you some slack about it. All I ask is that we be given some due courtesy and you will be given likewise. Look at the time I've already invested in discussion when I could much more easily just have deleted your post.

I'm 58 yrs old. Just adding info

That's nice. You're right around the age of a large number of posters here. 

I promise you that you don't even want to THINK about making a veiled threat like that ever again here. This is a private board, hosted very graciously by Uwe and administered by Dave. They asked me to moderate this forum and support my actions fully. Why do I say this? Because even though I've very patient and a nice guy to boot, I don't take kindly to being threatened, however jokingly you might think it was. I'm not being unreasonable. I simply require that you treat this board and its members with respect. Since we don't know you and you don't know us, statements of familiarity or 'buddy nudges' won't fly. Just tell us more about your amp, what you think makes it so great and why. I promise you'll get far more useful feedback in business terms and also tap into a more mature and educated customer base with a much higher disposable income than the typical neophyte kid on TB who takes posts like your first at face value.

I do not know how to edit it, So, sorry if I did something wrong.  I didn't mean to.  George Grexa

The "modify" icon inside your post window will reopen your post in a text box where you can edit it. I accept your apology and offer you the opportunity to make good on it. I realize I may come across as a hardass about some things, but it works well for us here, and I for one, do sincerely look forward to hearing about your amps from you. I don't have too much experience with old Acoustic amps, and the experiences I have had have been pretty bad, so it's exciting to see the name attached to a product tier prefaced on quality. Welcome to the board.

Vetchking@aol.com

• View Profile
How NOT to behave here
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 12:28:15 PM »
Vetchking@aol.com Here:

Hey, again I ment nothing harmful.

I write like this. I can't change that. It's just me.  The wife hates it. She tells me not to write anything any where.

It's just me.  I don't have much time, so if you want edit the post, it's fine with me.   Thanks George

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
How NOT to behave here
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 05:09:57 PM »
Wow, a drummer who doesn't know how to behave on a forum and who doesn't know when to shut up. We've already had someone like that here.

This was a thread started in the first month of our existence, dead for three and a half years. Four of the posters in this thread haven't been active here for two to three years. There is not a reason on earth for you to revive a thread like this.

There are builders who post here with useful information. If this is the way you write, by copying and pasting oceans of spam blather out of the blue, then you're not one of them.

Thread closed.