Author Topic: Which EB for me?  (Read 20620 times)

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
Re: Which EB for me?
« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2008, 06:00:44 AM »
I doubt it. The Flock I am talking about was probably from the Midwest US, and had a hit (maybe local) in the late sixties "Can't You See" and I have not been able to find anything online about them. I would like an MP3 of that song, I only have a cassette recorded from vinyl.

The Flock in the link were from Chicago.  It might still be them.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2008, 07:26:26 AM »
Yep, that Flock.  Tom Webb was later known as T.S. Henry Webb aka The Barking Spider.  He was a real trip.  I've jammed with him in the past.  The song I remember by them was "Clown" (I think).  By the time I crossed paths with him (I did a full gig with him sitting in), he was a gravelly voiced harp player that had seen better days.

Fred Glickstein also went on to try the idea of a Jazz Wedding Orchestra in the late '80s.  His claim to fame was the marketing of the home clone kit.  "Be beside yourself with joy"  "Be the first to be the second on your block"

The guys I knew were actually in a band called Strategic Air Command that had a few remnants out of The Flock, but none of the original members.  Archie was the bassist, as I recall, but that's about it.  Out of that band came a singer in one of my bands, and a guitarist in another.

Cool, I saw them in Aurora, Illinois sometime in the late Sixties and was thoroughly impressed. I don't suppose there is a fan site, or any of their music floating around the internet.

BTW http://flockrock.com/ is so slow loading for me, but links to their music on Amazon. They must have gone through a transition after "Can't You See" by adding horns, but I do hear a similarity.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 07:41:29 AM by the mojo hobo »

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2008, 07:31:32 AM »
They have them on Itunes