Author Topic: Scott Pilgram Vs The World  (Read 1901 times)

Barklessdog

• View Profile
Scott Pilgram Vs The World
« on: November 15, 2010, 08:56:51 AM »
Saw it last night, On Demand, with my teenage daughter. She liked it.

His Ric 4003 was as much in the movie as the main characters. The movie's computer / video game/comic book format was interesting at first but became kind of annoying after a while. It had its funny moments.

Daniel_J

• No, I'm not Japanese. I am Brazilian actually...
    • View Profile
    • Oficina_SB
Re: Scott Pilgram Vs The World
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 01:38:32 PM »
I enjoyed it.
I read the comics a while ago and was very excited when the movie was announced. For a series of six books, around 240 pages each, the movie did a good job telling the story, I think.

Anyway, yeah, seeing a Ric on the big screen was very cool. And how about the 7ender Mustang kicking the Ric ass? I am not much into 7enders, but I always thought the Mustang was a cool little axe, and the movie just made me GAS it a little bit...

In the comics, SP plays a 4001C64, with the reverse head that is a loan from his brother. Using a 4003 for the movie was a logical choice for keeping in bugdet, but I did notice that they used at least 2 basses. Up until the bass duel sequence, it is a pre 2009 model, with the smaller triangles. Then on the bass duel it is a newer one, with the full width inlays, the one that gets trashed and latter appears all patched up with silver tape.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 05:50:28 AM »
And how about the 7ender Mustang kicking the Ric ass? I am not much into 7enders, but I always thought the Mustang was a cool little axe, and the movie just made me GAS it a little bit...

Yeah I felt the same. Mustangs just don't get the recognition they deserve.

ilan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 06:01:50 AM »
I own two Mustangs ('66 and a 70's parts bass) and they are perfectly nice little basses, but neither comes anywhere near my Rics.
The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 05:28:34 PM »
Cooool movie! FUN & imaginative shlock. :D

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 09:26:51 AM »
I own two Mustangs ('66 and a 70's parts bass) and they are perfectly nice little basses, but neither comes anywhere near my Rics.

At a third of the price they should not, but they do have really big bottom, surprisingly.