Author Topic: New uses for the TB+  (Read 1695 times)

lowend1

• View Profile
New uses for the TB+
« on: June 23, 2013, 11:02:33 AM »
Got a couple from an ebay store and finally got around to using them. Epi EB-0 and 70s Aims MIJ P-Bass copy (the Aims had one of those Maxon pickups that you see in Ibanez T-Birds).

If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

exiledarchangel

• I like big necks and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
Re: New uses for the TB+
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 11:16:15 AM »
And how those sound? I'm very interested especially on the bridge on that EB0! :D
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 11:46:35 AM »
It's startling how different the pickup sounds in its respective homes. In the P-thingy, it sounds big and fat, but without the type of mids normally associated with pickup placement in that spot. In short, not like a Fender. I prefer it to the traditional P sound.
The EB-0 is a different story because of the number of variables involved. Since the neck pickup is a Model One, we throw out all comparisons to pairing with a conventional mudbucker. I'm also running flats it - not something I do with most of my basses. When combined with the DiMarzio, the bass has a clear, articulate - but full - sound, kind of like a Hofner with more definition and oomph. When soloed, it loses some of the Model One's thump, but not as much as one might expect. IMO, a much better solution than a mini humbucker. I plan to buy a couple more for other projects since they seem pretty flexible.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

exiledarchangel

• I like big necks and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 02:31:07 PM »
Very interesting, thank you for your answer! ;)
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.