Author Topic: Help! strange noise  (Read 1073 times)

tbird freak

• View Profile
Help! strange noise
« on: September 15, 2010, 08:00:46 PM »
Help!! Was practicing tonight and we thought we knocked something loose on the wall, or in it. after looking and checking we figured out it was my amp, somthing is vibrating from the inside of my amp when I play open e string or the 10th through the 12th frets on e string. Its bad and way loud! Its an old Peavey markVIII amp. Any ideas or thoughts on this? Hope it aint going south on me. Thanks.

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
Re: Help! strange noise
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 05:51:49 AM »
You need to get your amp looked at by someone who knows what he's doing.  Short of someone else having the same problem with the same amp, it's just too vague to try and diagnose.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 03:46:51 PM »
As a S.W.A.G., I'm thinking something has come loose inside a tube and that "something" is vibrating....but if PBG doesn't make the same guess, I'm probably wrong.  I second having a tech check it.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 04:11:28 PM »
It's a s/s amp.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 05:16:34 PM »
And THERE you go!!!!!!!!!

:-X  :-X  :-X

Dang, I thought that model Peavey had tubes.  The Homer Simpson moment: D'OH!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

tbird freak

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 07:59:42 PM »
Hey all thanks for your input, but the old girl gave up the ghost. The guy I took it to tryed to show me what was wrong, all I know is there was alot of loose stuff in there.
   Thanks again, will let you all know what I end up with.