Author Topic: BaCHbird  (Read 283082 times)

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
Re: BaCHbird
« Reply #1350 on: January 13, 2010, 01:39:18 AM »
That's absolutely right. Though I was thinking in the way of a whole package. Anyone's got any info concerning the covers?

Low End Theorist

• View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: January 13, 2010, 10:58:28 AM »
I believe Gibson covers occasionally turn up on eBay, right?

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: January 13, 2010, 11:29:17 AM »
The Bach is a perfect platform and can be modded as close to a 60's model as your heart (or wallet) desires. If you don't mind getting close (but not exact), the chrome covers this guy sells are a pretty good deal:

http://shop.ebay.com/greatdealz1967/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

If you wanted do do a IV, the covers he sells usually have the ring included as well, so you'd be set. Scott (godofthunder) is a great source for the guard if you want to change it out, and the bridge if you really want to get crazy with it. I don't know if he has any in the pipeline, but Bill (drbassman) has tailpieces that are a perfect reproduction of the 60's pieces. Gold lettered Gibson trussrod covers come up on eBay all the time and would be correct. It just depends on how close you want to get...

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: January 13, 2010, 03:07:02 PM »
That's my point. The stuff seems to me a bit too expensive. The dolares gets into the 150-size for the two covers and the fingerrest. I know I can't get a price in the same division as the price for the B-bird, but somewhere close to that range would suit both me, and my economy. But I guess it's not possible. On the other hand, who knows what tomorrow brings? Right?

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: January 14, 2010, 08:32:50 AM »
Just checked Ebay, and found several covers for my Bach P-bass '51, in the $10-20 area. But none such a convenient price for a T-bird. Or a B-bird, for that.
So, my friends, he said (taking off his glasses, giving them a breath of air, wiping the glasses with the bottom piece of his cotton shirt), it seems like an everyday situation for an old man. When there's money to spend, there's nothing to spend it on. And when there's only a little money to spend, there's too much to spend it on.
- But, why don't you get the covers for the Bach bass?
He heard the remark. The natural question. But he did not listen. He started feeling sorry for himself. Poured a drink of Southern Comfort. Felt the spirits rise. And started to think of another subject to worry the Ghosts of the Outpost with.
- Let's see now...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: January 14, 2010, 10:51:25 AM »
So, my friends, he said (taking off his glasses, giving them a breath of air, wiping the glasses with the bottom piece of his cotton shirt), it seems like an everyday situation for an old man. When there's money to spend, there's nothing to spend it on. And when there's only a little money to spend, there's too much to spend it on.

I had that problem long before I got old.

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: January 14, 2010, 11:14:53 AM »
I know the tailpiece cover is different between a P bass and a bird, but are the pickup covers any different? If they're close, one could always fudge a bit and get the less expensive P cover.

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: January 14, 2010, 12:58:18 PM »
All right, you guys. I might as well admit it. Before I had the chanse to pour myself a glass of whiskey, my brother came home from hospital. He'd done his first treatment for his brain tumour. Feeling just all right, and glad that he'd gone through the first of ten treatments. Those are with some kind of rays, don't know what they're called in your language. Ulf, my brother, was glad. We had that Southern Comfort, a couple of glasses, then dinner, wine, a couple of friends, coffe, Remy Martin, Link Wray, that pianist who once played with Dave Edmunds, yeah, that's right, his name is... ... funny character, did an interwiew with him once.. lovely musician... What the f--k is his namne.... No it's not Delbert McClinton, it's... Watkins... Geraint Watkins! That's whom!
anyways. It's the world to have you anonomyous guys to talk to. All luck in the world to you!!!! Sheeers!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: January 14, 2010, 05:50:48 PM »
I'm glad to hear that Ulf is feeling okay after his first treatment. I'm sure it can't be easy for him, and I'm sure it helps to have you and friends there for him.

Low End Theorist

• View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: January 15, 2010, 09:56:35 AM »
Aaahh, sounds like a great night.  A little after dinner Link Wray goes a long way.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: January 15, 2010, 02:00:39 PM »
Sounds like he's been getting some "El Rayo X"

Hopefully you can have a considerably greater quantity of sessions with your bro. and here's to successful treatment...  :toast:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: January 20, 2010, 05:11:50 AM »
Beste Wünsche für Ulf. I'm glad to hear that he hasn't given himself up and it is important that he doesn't lose the survival spirit as the treatment continues. I'm all for modern medicine and don't believe in faith healing, but you need the survival spirit too.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #1362 on: January 24, 2010, 10:33:50 AM »
Yep, they're ready; the BaCHbird with two humbuckers,
and the BaCHbirds with one humbucker. Both in new colors.

http://www.bachmusik.com/p1364/bach-th-2-trd

I wonder what wood it really is. They say is mahogany, but it doesn't look like it (especially in that last red one)...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #1363 on: January 24, 2010, 10:51:30 AM »

Rob,

Can we order thru you?

The red one is making me very wet  :)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: January 24, 2010, 10:52:58 AM »
Oj, oj, oj (as we Swedes says when we're really impressed)!