Author Topic: 2Tek is back?  (Read 1812 times)

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
2Tek is back?
« on: April 05, 2008, 11:40:44 AM »
Just found a post over on TB from one of the owners of 2Tek.  He says they're planning to bring the bridge back on the market.  I love my Hamer Cruise 2Tek.  One of the best basses I've ever owned.  I've actually had a couple of them.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: 2Tek is back?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 04:54:12 PM »
I hope they succeed. No idea what did them in the first time, but between the cost of the bridge, cost of installation and the invasiveness of the mod, it's never going to be a big aftermarket seller. Maybe it will sell enough for them to make a go of it, though. Their best hope would be having a big manufacturer offer it as an option.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 11:47:15 PM »
I'd have to agree.  The nice thing about living in Cincinnati was the fact that the first guy they certified for the installation on the originals was their.  My current luthier put one in for someone without needing the templates.  He charged the guy $80 to do it.  He said he'd charge double if he ever had to do another one.

The biggest reason I got my Hamer Cruise was for the bridge.  It's almost as if you're buying a bridge, and getting a free bass with it.

rubato

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 03:03:59 PM »
got a link to the post? i tried a search and couldn't find it.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 09:52:40 PM »