Author Topic: Q-tuner & Eastwood  (Read 1441 times)

JimmyBond8

• "You're so cute when you're stupid"
    • View Profile
    • The Afterwhiles - My Band
Q-tuner & Eastwood
« on: April 03, 2008, 01:38:49 PM »
While I was watching random videos on youtube today (broading my musical knowledge and wasting as much time as possible) I came across this. Its about a 1:30 sampling of an Eastwood EEB-1 bass (the Ampeg-esque fretted one) that has had the stock pickup replaced with a Q-Tuner BL-4 pickup.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRWuOV3QwUw

I ran across Q-tuner a few months ago (it kept appearing in the ads across the top of my Gmail) and they seem to have a very neat looking/sounding pickup. For a quick overview, Q-tuner pickups are passive neodymium magnets that are adjustable through 11 M3 screws via Allen wrench. You can get them to fit jazz or humbucker sized routes, and they also sell guitar pickups in single and humbucker version.
You can check them out here: http://www.q-tuner.com/

Blazer

Re: Q-tuner & Eastwood
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 04:40:36 PM »
I'm aware of Q-tuner pickups, they sound really good. We at Knooren handcrafted actually installed one on one of our five string basses, the problem was that nobody liked the resulting look.

I think Q-tuner pickups would benift if they offer their pickups in Black rather than just translucent plastic which shows that ugly red wire..

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 09:22:41 PM »
Different strokes. Comparing the Q-tuner to the stock pickup as demoed by Joey Leone, I'd choose the stock pickup any day. No contest. A slapper might like the Q-tuner better, but I like solid low mids, and if this sample is any indication, the Q-tuner doesn't have them.

hummel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 03:48:41 PM »
Hi,

I'm having a Warmoth JB put together (red Satine body&neck) and guess what... I'm putting in the reddish JB pup's. For all of you less adventurous guys, they (i.e. Q-tuner/Erno Zwaan) have generic black and white covers on stock...I really like the moulded resin casing, it has a nice 70's scifi look to it. Something like this!

I'll post a picture when it's finished.

grtz,
Hans