Gear Discussion Forums > Bass Amps & Effects

Moog Delay on Ebay...

(1/1)

chromium:
Just a heads-up in case anybody is looking for one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBTOX:IT&item=180227188580&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m238.lVI

Closing soon, and still relatively low (new ones are around $6-700).  I think this pedal that is up for auction is the version with a .8 second max delay (still pretty long, for an analog).  It's a cool pedal, as you can control almost every parameter with an expression pedal, and also patch effects into the delay feedback loop.

hieronymous:
That looks like one of the original ones, huh? It's from before Bob Moog got the rights to the "Moog Music" name, which is why it has his signature on the unit and says "Big Briar" on the manual.

I love mine, and am not sure if there are any significant differences in sound between the old ones (which I have) and the new ones, beyond the longer delay times available on the new ones. Less that an hour left on the auction!

hieronymous:
It went for over $600!  ???  I hope they realized it was an old one...

chromium:
Wow - go figure!  It was hovering so low there for a while, I thought somebody might have a chance at stealin' it.

--- Quote from: hieronymous on April 01, 2008, 11:46:06 AM ---That looks like one of the original ones, huh? It's from before Bob Moog got the rights to the "Moog Music" name, which is why it has his signature on the unit and says "Big Briar" on the manual.

I love mine, and am not sure if there are any significant differences in sound between the old ones (which I have) and the new ones, beyond the longer delay times available on the new ones. Less that an hour left on the auction!

--- End quote ---

They made three versions so far - that Big Briar w/800ms, the Moog Music 104SD with 1.4 secs, and the current 104z with 1 sec.  From what I understand, each version was/is a limited run based around relatively similar NOS Panasonic chips (as used in the Boss DM-2, Yamaha e1010, etc...) - just more of 'em, for longer delay times.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version