Author Topic: Tobias Toby  (Read 2059 times)

Max Soren

Tobias Toby
« on: January 15, 2008, 12:58:27 PM »
Of course I'm pretty much aware of the significance of Tobias basses, etc.  But what I want to know is if those cheap Tobias Toby basses made in Korea are any good?  I really have no idea.  It would be my guess that there is probably as much difference between the regular Tobias and one of those as there is between a regular Gretsch bass and one of those cheap ones that sell for under $300. 

Barklessdog

• View Profile
Re: Tobias Toby
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 01:42:12 PM »
If you do buy one try to get it used as most basses built in Korea or other Asia countries tend to loose 50% or more of their value when you walk out the door.

Geoffzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 05:08:51 AM »
The Tobys are a good value.  I try to avoid playing 5 strings, but have always kept one around for when I get "those gigs".  I had a toby pro for over a year, and never got any complaints at gigs.  Played well, and felt pretty good.  They are notorious for low output.  I ended up selling mine for much more than I expected, and got the only 5 string I've ever really wanted (sting ray!). 
Over all, I think the Toby PRO is a good value if you can score it at the right price. 

Max Soren

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 01:10:57 PM »
The one I was looking at was a 4-string.  But I think you are right about the low output.  That, among other reasons, makes me not so interested anymore.