Author Topic: '76 Ibanez Destroyer New PG  (Read 1815 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
'76 Ibanez Destroyer New PG
« on: April 19, 2010, 12:55:30 PM »
After seeing  Flateric's Destroyer with the original pg  I knew I had to make a new w/b/w one for my  Destroyer. I had a black guard made for it around '85 and it has been that way ever since. I made and installed the new w/b/w guard today, I am real happy with the results ! First picture is from back in '76 the bass is almost stock, note the Dimarzio P pickup. with the black guardand with the new w/b/w
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 04:05:47 PM by godofthunder »
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
Re: '76 Ibanez Destroyer New PG
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 06:01:14 PM »
That's pretty sweet!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 12:27:48 PM »
Ditto...  8)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 02:17:38 PM »
Thanks guys  :) I gotta do something about that black Bart. TB pup :rolleyes: Looks like I'll be sending another cover off to Duncan.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

FlatEric

• View Profile
    • Flat Eric's Collection
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 01:03:08 AM »
After seeing  Flateric's Destroyer with the original pg  I knew I had to make a new w/b/w one for my  Destroyer. I had a black guard made for it around '85 and it has been that way ever since. I made and installed the new w/b/w guard today, I am real happy with the results ! First picture is from back in '76 the bass is almost stock, note the Dimarzio P pickup. with the black guardand with the new w/b/w

Looks great.  :)

I know it may not be original but if you have had it from new, that's not so bad - it has sort of evolved to suit your requirements.
I always wish the back pup on mine was a bit further forward - I have to hover my hand with this one, as the pup is too far back
to use as a rest. The position of yours seems ideal.

Looks set for another 20 odd years of thumping.:)
Now a little more wiser. . . . .

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 05:00:17 AM »
 I do wish I hadn't messed with it so much but what is is.This bass has been through many incarnations ! At one point it sported a Dimarzio Model one at the neck, A Thunderbird pick up in the middle and a EB3 mini bucker at the bridge with a assortment of switches on the pg. The set up now is my favorite it is a killer sounding bass ! I am going to put new strings on it today and then  sit in with my old High School band buddies tomorrow, I used this bass way back then. They will get a kick out of seeing it !
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 03:05:15 PM by godofthunder »