Author Topic: eb4l wiring  (Read 900 times)

clankenstein

• Never Gutless!
    • View Profile
eb4l wiring
« on: March 18, 2010, 02:08:11 AM »
i guess this is a mod so i will try posting it here.heres the circuit i have ended up with in my eb4l.front pickup is a 1966 eb3 mudbucker,rear added pickup is 2 carvin blade single coils(one rwrp)together,standard humbucker size.the pot on the left pans the tops on the rear pickup between single coil and humbucking,the switch next to it i put in because the extemes of the 500k pot sounded great but it fell off slightly in the middle.interestingly it seems to make things slightly clearer by moderating some of the mid bass and shifting the resonant peak in the tops.the pickup blend pot does just that.the switch on the mudbucker turns the tops from that pickup to single coil.i didnt expect this to do too much but i can hear it.
Louder bass!.

exiledarchangel

• I like big necks and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
Re: eb4l wiring
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 02:55:34 AM »
Sounds interesting! Where did you found those carvins and how much did you pay for them?
Any soundclips? I'm a sucker for unorthodox wiring pup combinations! :D
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

clankenstein

• Never Gutless!
    • View Profile
Re: eb4l wiring
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 09:42:51 PM »
i got the carvins,rb60s or rb80s i think,here in new zealand on trade me(like ebay)for $60 each.i will make some sound clips but not for a week or so because its busy time in the film and tv industry here.
Louder bass!.