Author Topic: $20 '70s No Name Lawsuit Japanese LP bass  (Read 6315 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Re: $20 '70s No Name Lawsuit Japanese LP bass
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2010, 05:13:31 AM »
Dare I suggest some of the Mark II John Birch Magnum's that float around on Ebay?  ;)     ;D
Stu !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome my friend ! Magnum IIs hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm might be a little pricey !
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2010, 08:58:40 AM »
Pics you shall have ! Only one for now I got stuff to do !

That bass is just about identical to one that I missed on Ebay....and I had lust in my heart for that bass!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Bart!

• View Profile

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 11:45:15 AM »
Decent-looking bass!  (Don't like the chips, but used = used.)  I imagine he'd be insulted by the kind of offer my budget would allow at present, though.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2010, 09:06:18 AM »
Since I have become self employed the sad fact is I do have to sell the odd bass for profit, I bet I can flip this and make a tidy profit on the bay, make me look like a real hero on the home front.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2010, 08:28:13 PM »
scott, that bass is cool. if i wasn't in the middle of moving i'd be interested but no toys for me for a while.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

Big_Stu

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010, 06:04:33 AM »
Stu !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome my friend ! Magnum IIs hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm might be a little pricey !

Thanks for the welcome, I used to love this forum, even though many were luddites who don't know about John Birch  ;D But I had to take time out recently due to major life crises, so now I'm back! You unlucky people!  ;D

If you fancy shipping it across the pond I'd take a chance on the Magnums.  ;) JC (JB's succesor in the business) is retiring soon & may do me a price.

Though what I REEEEALLY want is one of these! http://www.amazon.com/Schecter-DV-4-Bass-Thru-Cherry/dp/B001RIZ2I4#moreAboutThisProduct

Can you say "Shock Me" ???
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 06:13:31 AM by Big_Stu »

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2010, 07:34:30 AM »
Stu, Someone else has already expressed a interest in the bass, but if he does not want it you are next on the list. I like that Schecter I have been looking at those myself ! Nice bass for very little $. Is JC going to close down JB ? If there is a blow out sale I might be interested in whats offered up. Hope you are well and that things are better now. Scott

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2010, 07:40:24 AM »
These pictures are for Al or anyone else interested in the bass. In taking the bass apart three of the four neck screws sheared off, typical soft Japanese metal of the era. I was able to extract three from the neck but one sheared off flush. I could dig it out but I don't want to get involved in that at this point. Assembled and strung up with rounds the neck seats fine with three screws. Also pictured is the replaced tuner, I can get the other three to match for very little maybe 20 bucks, they install with no mods at all.

Big_Stu

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2010, 11:35:48 AM »
No problem Scott, but if I don't get that I'll have to get the Schecter. And other forums say that it's too close to being a Punisher to be safe, so I'll have to dress up as Gene when I use it, then Karen will dump me, I'll have to sell my Nod amps & my bass to survive, then the sky will fall in. And all because of a $20 bass!!!  :rolleyes:  :mrgreen:

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2010, 04:02:17 PM »
bummer...  ;D
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2010, 05:03:06 AM »
No problem Scott, but if I don't get that I'll have to get the Schecter. And other forums say that it's too close to being a Punisher to be safe, so I'll have to dress up as Gene when I use it, then Karen will dump me, I'll have to sell my Nod amps & my bass to survive, then the sky will fall in. And all because of a $20 bass!!!  :rolleyes:  :mrgreen:
Well we can't have that !

exiledarchangel

• I like big necks and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2010, 08:35:09 AM »

Well, if you got less than 3 basses, then you are safe from wife I guess!
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.