Author Topic: Gibson EB-2D in Nashville or L.A  (Read 1392 times)

doombass

• View Profile
Gibson EB-2D in Nashville or L.A
« on: February 13, 2010, 03:08:11 PM »
A bassplayer at a Swedish bass forum is going on a worktrip to Nashville and L.A soon and is hoping to spot an EB-2D at I guess preferably a store. I thought, what is the best place for a heads up? Here of course. So if anyone knows where she could find one it would be appreciated.

Captcolour

• View Profile
Re: Gibson EB-2D in Nashville or L.A
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 07:59:32 AM »
Gruhn's in Nashville has a very pricey '59 EB-2.  No EB-2D that I can find in any of the stores that have on-line inventory in Nashville.

If they are a Gibson fan, at least make sure they visit the Gibson Store out near the Opryland Hotel.

When will they be in Nashville?

Chaser001

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 08:21:19 AM »
I'm also curious what Gibson still has in Nashville.  I heard they are no longer doing factory tours in Nashville.  But if there is still a Gibson store that has a good selection of basses, that would be interesting.  The bottom line is that I don't know what they have there now. 

Captcolour

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 09:31:37 AM »
Gibson hasn't done factory tours in years.  The store only has new so should have one of each of the current production models there.  Plus Gibson paraphernalia -- shirts, straps, trinkets and such.  I haven't been there in a couple of years.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 11:26:52 AM »
It's going to be hard to find an EB-2D in anyone's store stock anywhere, only four of them listed on gbase.

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 01:27:13 PM »
If they are a Gibson fan, at least make sure they visit the Gibson Store out near the Opryland Hotel.

..only if you want them disgusted. It's in the Opry Mills Mall and I've been there several times in recent years, and most times they have less than ten Gibson/Epi basses AT ALL, and of those, finding one that doesn't make a Guitar Center setup seem expert or the instrument not all cheesed-over with dead strings from the mall wankers is impossible. There are also several Tobias and used basses in equally poor condition.

They did have a couple of cool T-Birds the last time I was in there, but they are priced on the old retail model of pre-internet days, and for the money they were asking and the condition of the instruments, the price was inexcusable, especially when there are literally hundreds of Les Paul guitars in there immaculately maintained with fresh strings and decent setups. FWIW, the coolest bass I've ever seen in there was the Epi Les Paul signature model (can't remember whose) with a maple fingerboard, but that was three years ago.

The only good thing I have to say about the store is that the mandolin/banjo factory is next door and there are plexiglass windows for viewing.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 01:57:42 PM »
Opry Mills Mall  >:(
Gaylord Opryland Resort  >:(
The Opry not in the Ryman  >:(

doombass

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 02:18:06 AM »
Thanks for your input guys. Gbase has been scanned and I'm also sceptical there will be any EB-2D in any store but it was worth a try in case there are stores that are not available through Gbase.

EvilLordJuju

• Mud is its own reward
    • View Profile
    • Fly Guitars
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 07:29:12 AM »
I can't talk about Nashville, but LA guitar stores seem to charge a serious premium. I guess it's all those rockstars hanging about, but Gibson basses (and just about everything else) seemed to be way above the going rate, at least the rate you usually see online.

audiorep2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 08:55:52 AM »
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v507/audiorep2/?action=view&current=best.jpg&newest=1

Not for sale, but you might find this amusing.
Stuart
Canada