Author Topic: Dusk Tiger video  (Read 3620 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Dusk Tiger video
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2010, 04:45:13 PM »

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2010, 04:48:41 PM »
Nice restaurant... plenty of veggie options... with poppadums...  :mrgreen:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

n!k

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2010, 09:01:34 PM »
Well I'll be in the minority, but I think it looks cool and does cool things. I'm glad that Gibson is continually interested in digital editing, presets, and flexibility on this level. The technology has a long way to go, but this is an inevitability.

We're in an era where the past is revered again (after the past was loathed in the 80's and early 90's) and the demand for far-reaching innovation like the moog guitar and dusk tiger will be tiny. But this makes the effort of exploration all the more valuable.

Shame about the price, but nothing new there.
Half-speed Hawkwind

nofi

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 08:56:24 AM »
i don't think any self respecting guitarist would be caught dead with this thing. looks like something for the rich hobbyist to brag about. too much technology in the wrong place. :P

n!k

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 09:13:33 PM »
While the electric guitar has been the weapon of choice for expressing rebellion, anarchy, revolution, and change, guitarists themselves are the persons most abhorrent of change that walk on this Earth. Nothing that looks or operates "too different" could possibly catch on in the first couple decades (It took the Flying V, what, 30 years?).

Digital recording, home recording, and computer editing presets are the future. Eventually it'll be cheap enough for even the most self-respecting of guitarists.
Half-speed Hawkwind