Author Topic: Question on protocol here: Selling instruments ??  (Read 1748 times)

bostonguitarrepair

• View Profile
    • My Blog, The Guitar Garage
Question on protocol here: Selling instruments ??
« on: March 15, 2008, 11:53:01 AM »
Maybe I missed something on the signup page - but what's the protocol on putting "for sale" postings up here ?   I completely understand if its a big no-no - I'd hate to suddenly see millions of spam posts for Stagg P-bass copies or ads from Musician's Friend.

Just asking as I'm planning on selling off a few pieces - I'll probably do Ebay, though selling directly to my bass playing bros (and sisters) is preferable in my opinion (wait .. that wasn't some kind of un-PC racial comment before any jumps on me !!).

I await your opinions and guidance,

thank ye,

Krishna

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Question on protocol here: Selling instruments ??
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 08:30:34 PM »
Sorry for the delay, it's been a busy day.

If this is your personal gear, feel free to post it, either in the appropriate brand forum or the Bass Zone. When we get a little bigger, I anticipate a For Sale & Wanted section. I'm afraid if we do it now it will draw people to register just for the purpose of selling. Or commercial dealers.

Wait -- are you making fun of my vintage Stagg clone collection?  ;D

bostonguitarrepair

• View Profile
    • My Blog, The Guitar Garage
Re: Question on protocol here: Selling instruments ??
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 09:32:15 PM »
Scary thing is that I think there are actually vintage Staggs - that were made in Belgium years ago ??  And then the name was sold off to the company we are so familiar with now ...

Thanks for the reply Dave - I will post but not overdo it - and I only sell things that have come out my "lab" !!  ;D