Author Topic: Jack Bruce and his EB ONE  (Read 20397 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: Jack Bruce and his EB ONE
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2009, 02:04:22 PM »
nada englisi here, si?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2009, 02:56:01 PM »
Still have my '53.

Selling my vette instead.  8)

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2009, 04:43:58 PM »
Funny you mention that but I was walking my dog and spied a new lawn care service where they appeared to be three white businessmen, clean cut with pressed matching uniforms (no stains or dirt) that were business casual (polos & beige dockers). They did the person's lawn like a synchronized swim team, quickly, orderly, then quickly packed up & left. We just stood there watching, it was so odd, so well performed.

Almost everyone here has hispanic yard-care services here in Chicago (very large Latino community).

Maybe they were the owners and had to lay off their workers?

Or maybe they were laid off and realized they could pay the bills cutting grass.  If you do the work yourself you can make a decent living at lawncare - especially down here with a 9 month season!

I had a good friend that canned from a middle management job in upstate NY about 10 years ago and his prospects were bleak being 50ish at the time.  Cuts grass in the warm weather and does some plow work in the winter - he's not getting rich but he's very comfortable and the stress level is low.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2009, 09:54:43 AM »
Our computer guy has a friend who started a Canada Goose chasing service (not sure he is still in business) People on lakes hate them and can make the property unusable with the droppings.

He works with his dog, a pit bull. They spend all day together. Seems like a perfect life.

Our old business investor lived on a lake and their association hired a guy to rent swans  (with clipped wings) for the summer (they chase off the geese).