Author Topic: Where do you work?  (Read 7043 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Where do you work?
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2008, 03:44:37 AM »
It seems to me that WW II has long been superseded by anal sex here. Still not sure whether that is good or bad.  ::) John always starts it though. With ensuing cajoling from Mark.

"It made miraculous performance enhancement claims but it was nothing but lanolin and mineral oil."

I think that is where Dave picked up his general tendency to bicker about well-established truths such as finish and its sound impact ...
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2008, 12:42:20 PM »
I think you're going down a slippery slope there Uwe.   :o
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

shadowcastaz

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2008, 02:04:01 PM »
Greezy slope , more likely. I think Im a chef  ,but I have not done it in a while ....its all very  foggy right now,  kinda faint
It takes a very deep-rooted opinion to survive unexpressed

nofi

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2008, 02:55:33 PM »
network marketing= multi level marketing= pyramid scheme. better do some research and be careful r&b.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2008, 03:55:32 PM »
It seems to me that WW II has long been superseded by anal sex here. Still not sure whether that is good or bad.  ::) John always starts it though. With ensuing cajoling from Mark.

"It made miraculous performance enhancement claims but it was nothing but lanolin and mineral oil."

I think that is where Dave picked up his general tendency to bicker about well-established truths such as finish and its sound impact ...

To be sure....I like the former but for old times sake here's a fave of mine.......And what a dream job it would be to be one of the lucky few to work on restoring such an incredible machine as this.

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

PWV

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2008, 07:43:10 PM »

I teach high school choir and guitar.

rockinrayduke

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2008, 06:58:17 PM »
My job's not as cool as George's (very jealous). I work for Carrier A/C in Irving, TX as a senior supervisor in the packaging unit. We supply the parts to connect the A/C units in new homes. Busy bee.

I was a pro bassist for almost 30 years before this. Not exactly what I envisioned for myself years ago on the road but life is funny sometimes....you never know what's around the next curve.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2008, 04:36:22 AM »
To be sure....I like the former but for old times sake here's a fave of mine.......And what a dream job it would be to be one of the lucky few to work on restoring such an incredible machine as this.

wow was one of my favorites as a kid. I remember reading that if the piolet had to eject, the rear fudsalage has explosives in it that blow away the rear engine so the the piolot does not turn into ground beef!

I dedicate this to all the Starfighter fans out there-

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2008, 03:46:24 PM »
My job's not as cool as George's (very jealous). I work for Carrier A/C in Irving, TX as a senior supervisor in the packaging unit. We supply the parts to connect the A/C units in new homes. Busy bee.

I was a pro bassist for almost 30 years before this. Not exactly what I envisioned for myself years ago on the road but life is funny sometimes....you never know what's around the next curve.

Thanks, Ray. I actually enjoy my job most of the time, so I consider myself blessed. One thing I've learned to accept is that you never know what life's gonna bring your way. I figure any day above ground is starting off right, so why complain?  ;D

I think it's really cool you were able to make your living playing bass for so long, but I'm also glad you're able to have something more stable now if that's a better fit in your life at the moment. You're a cool guy in my book...