Author Topic: We sacked our bassplayer last thursday.  (Read 1972 times)

Blazer

We sacked our bassplayer last thursday.
« on: March 01, 2008, 05:03:51 PM »
Nothing here anymore  ;)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 11:53:49 PM by Blazer »

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: We sacked our bassplayer last thursday.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 06:29:52 PM »

It totally sucks to have to fire someone.......if you don't tho, it'll drag the rest of you down too. Its obvious you all get along, he's the odd man out. Its really in everybodies best interest if you part ways....he has other things that are more important, nor does he share your band's creative vision.
Still that doesn't make firing him any easier, I've had to do that job....Not Fun!
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

sflajimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 11:19:49 PM »
Ok, I get it. This is what you shouldn't do as the bass player in a band. ;)

Blazer

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 04:22:55 AM »
Ok, I get it. This is what you shouldn't do as the bass player in a band. ;)

You should never shit where you eat.

It's a roughly half an hour before the rehearsal starts, and I just had Ade on the phone. I asked him why he didn't call off the meeting and his reply was. "It didn't need to be called off, because I should have been there if it weren't for that delay and you know that I didn't have any range to call you guys up anyway."

He sounded very cheerful, obviously having no clue what's coming and that makes telling him even harder...

HornetAMX

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 09:08:34 AM »
This stuff is never easy.  Your band will be better off in the long run though.  Let us know how it went!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 09:26:20 AM »
Too bad. And because it's never easy, and he's got his good side too, you've put it off longer than you should have. Which makes it even harder on all of you. But it has to be done for the sake of the rest of the band.

Blazer

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 05:06:11 PM »
Anyway, here's the update. Ade is still in Slavantas, with all of us still seeing him as a friend we all agreed  that he deserved a second chance and  made a deal with him. We explained the situation and put him on "probation" he MUST behave or else.

Ade, firmly pushed with his nose on the facts relented and we all hugged, releived that we got this out of our system. If it was because of our mutual relief or not, we played better than ever before and we not only finished the song that I mentioned earlier but we also brought back a song that we deemed a failure and succesfully made it work.

After the rehearsal ended Pascal took me apart and said "Walter, you have NO IDEA how glad I am that we still have Ade in the band."

Sappy, I know but at least this story ended on a good note, we arranged this as cyvilised people and not like Dave Mustaine and Metallica.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 05:29:59 PM »
I hope he understands how serious the situation is. Otherwise he won't have the incentive to keep behaving.

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 08:00:00 AM »
What I don't understand is why you post all this information here before you had the band meeting where you were going to sack him.
If I were Ade I would really be pissed off about the whole story being here on the world wide web...

Even if you would have posted if afterwards I still think of all this as none of my business. It's personal stuff.
Sorry if I seem crude.