Author Topic: A little Emo fun  (Read 6774 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
A little Emo fun
« on: February 21, 2008, 12:57:56 PM »

Barklessdog

• View Profile
Re: A little Emo fun
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 01:10:11 PM »
Whats the difference between Goth & Emo?

The Emo I think of- still not funny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ab6LWXeNDA&feature=related

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 01:49:56 PM »
Whats the difference between Goth & Emo?

They're close, but emo kids aren't as scary as goths  ;D:

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 01:52:37 PM »
Is that Robert Smith?

I was at the mall a while back and a goth guy had his girlfriend on a leash & collar parading her around the mall to shock everyone. He would also park her in front of stores that he went in and she did not. He also had the runny Alice Cooper eye paint.

PhilT

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 06:45:58 AM »

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 07:18:09 AM »
Funny the guy was dressed the same as in that story

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 07:57:22 AM »
Whatever rings their bell - consenting adults.

As long as she doesn't bite people on the bus.  ;)
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 10:34:12 AM »
Yeah, it's their choice, but how anyone can want to degrade herself publicly like that is beyond me.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 10:57:38 AM »
Not to get political, but at my wife's job, the women who work with her are hard core Republicans (I live in a Illinios Republican / Christian strong hold)

They were talking about the elections and one of them (all women) commented on how a women could not be a good president. We were both shocked that a women would really believe that a women is not capable?

I would not vote for Hillary anyway, but not because she is a women. On the other hand I can't really think of a woman I would vote for if she ran, forget about which party, being honest with myself.

Funny after the local primary, my wife asked them if they voted. None of them even voted!  My wife & myself feel it should be a rule that if your to lazy not to vote then you should be forbidden to waste other's time with your political views. Maybe they are not cable of voting as well?

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2008, 11:00:15 AM »
Yeah, it's their choice, but how anyone can want to degrade herself publicly like that is beyond me.

Funny when I took this picture I yelled to the guy "Im going to post this on the internet everywhere" partially joking

He had a worried look on his face after I said that!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 11:23:32 AM »
I believe in women being just as good or bad presidents as men and I don't think they necessarily degrade themselves in public when voluntarily wearing a leash with their - rather softspoken judging from the interview - goth male friend to make some kind of however  juvenile "us against them" fetish fashion statement!

What does that make me?  ;D

I think that goths and emos are cute in a way. It's a logical outlet for teenage angst and an affordable way to look different and define yourself. Whether you should still do it all the time once you hit 30 is another matter.

Uwe
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2008, 11:28:38 AM »
No, we put wedding bands on them, get them pregnant, than make them quit their careers, working like slaves without pay, doing an eternity of dishes, laundry even when sick and getting no thanks in return.

I played Mr mom several times, I could never live that life. I was so happy to get back to work, so I could relax!

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2008, 04:45:34 PM »
Not to get political, but at my wife's job, the women who work with her are hard core Republicans (I live in a Illinios Republican / Christian strong hold)

They were talking about the elections and one of them (all women) commented on how a women could not be a good president. We were both shocked that a women would really believe that a women is not capable?

Just to balance it out, ;)... I'm pretty much what could be called a hard core Republican (not that I've been happy with my party for the last few years), and I'd whole heartedly vote for any woman running for political office so long as she were the best candidate for the job. I don't look at sex, race, societal background, or anything else when sizing up a candidate. I do, however, look at their experience, their viewpoint, their stated political beliefs (and voting record if there is one, to see if they mean what they say), and anything else I can to see if their outlook and philosophy to see if I think they'd do what I'd consider a 'good job' in whatever post they're running for.

Unfortunately, I think there are far too few people from any part of the political spectrum who do the same thing. That there can be so many people who profess to making up their mind only when entering the voting booth (if voting at all) is damn scary to me. 'Feelings' aren't something that should be used as a deciding factor when evaluating a candidate, no matter what their body parts look like.

PhilT

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008, 05:51:02 PM »
There's a point beyond which Emo maybe stops being funny. There's a town in Wales that has had 17 teenage suicides in the last year. The police are trying to play down talk of pacts, Internet links and any other common cause and I'm not suggesting they were all Emo, but having that kind of thinking in a chunk of teen culture can't help.

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 10:01:29 PM »
Just to balance it out, ;)... I'm pretty much what could be called a hard core Republican (not that I've been happy with my party for the last few years), and I'd whole heartedly vote for any woman running for political office so long as she were the best candidate for the job. I don't look at sex, race, societal background, or anything else when sizing up a candidate. I do, however, look at their experience, their viewpoint, their stated political beliefs (and voting record if there is one, to see if they mean what they say), and anything else I can to see if their outlook and philosophy to see if I think they'd do what I'd consider a 'good job' in whatever post they're running for.

Unfortunately, I think there are far too few people from any part of the political spectrum who do the same thing. That there can be so many people who profess to making up their mind only when entering the voting booth (if voting at all) is damn scary to me. 'Feelings' aren't something that should be used as a deciding factor when evaluating a candidate, no matter what their body parts look like.

Maggie Thatcher!  Find me a women like that and I'd vote for her in a heartbeat!   8)