Author Topic: This is growing on me  (Read 5238 times)

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
Re: This is growing on me
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2008, 10:49:46 AM »
The Dolls were great, no doubt about it. There was always something sinister and edgy about them, a quality an act like Kiss - nice Queens boys dressed up to look kabuki -  totally lacked.

And I liked the second album better than their first ... "Stranded in the Jungle" had me captivated ("meanwhile, back in the States ...").

You know that the reason KISS went Kabuki was because of the Dolls.  Since The Dolls were already doing the drag thing, Simmons and Stanley decided they needed to something different.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2008, 11:29:05 AM »
I already said this at the Pit once: Go and see New York Doll. The movie that is. It moved me to tears and that says something. The last time i cried about a movie before that, was when I was like six years old.

My DVD-rental guy isn't a musisian and even he loved it. He advised me to see it, without knowing I am a bass player.

Great move.

PWV

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2008, 02:30:43 PM »
I already said this at the Pit once: Go and see New York Doll. The movie that is. It moved me to tears and that says something. The last time i cried about a movie before that, was when I was like six years old.

My DVD-rental guy isn't a musisian and even he loved it. He advised me to see it, without knowing I am a bass player.

Great move.

+1  Amazing the timing the filmmaker had to be filiming during his death...the footage of Arthur riding the city bus every day to work, I'll never forget that image of a rock icon.