Gear Discussion Forums > Rickenbacker Basses

Cool Rics on eBay / Reverb / Craigslist

<< < (2/378) > >>

gweimer:
I just snagged an old Ric pickup off Ebay, and am also bidding on a Ric wiring harness.  Next project bass is about ready to begin.  Combo of Les Paul and Ric ideas.

gearHed289:

--- Quote from: gweimer on April 22, 2009, 11:48:02 AM ---I just snagged an old Ric pickup off Ebay, and am also bidding on a Ric wiring harness.  Next project bass is about ready to begin.  Combo of Les Paul and Ric ideas.

--- End quote ---

Sounds like a winner!

Dave W:

--- Quote from: gweimer on April 22, 2009, 11:48:02 AM ---I just snagged an old Ric pickup off Ebay, and am also bidding on a Ric wiring harness.  Next project bass is about ready to begin.  Combo of Les Paul and Ric ideas.

--- End quote ---

Maybe you can combine an exploding "R" tailpiece with a snapping mahogany headstock.  :mrgreen:

gweimer:

--- Quote from: Dave W on April 22, 2009, 03:55:37 PM ---Maybe you can combine an exploding "R" tailpiece with a snapping mahogany headstock.  :mrgreen:

--- End quote ---

LOL!  This bass is going have the Schaller 460 bridge I've been saving.

ilan:
http://cgi.ebay.com/1976-RICKENBACKER-4001-bass-AUTUMNGLO-w-rare-binding_W0QQitemZ150341527746QQihZ005QQcategoryZ118984QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Drop-dead gorgeous Walnut 4001, double bound (inner white, outer black), black TRC and guard. Looks a lot like the Walnut 4002 prototype on the Smith book (p.211).

Ted Staberow over at the RRF says that it's a Walnut 4001 with double binding and that RIC has made a few like that. Still I think there's something special about this one, and it could be some sort of a test instrument. The non-stamped jack plate, the beveled edge guard (4002's had beveled edge guards), and what looks like a beveled-edge Plexi TRC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version