Author Topic: Free Music from Gibson...really  (Read 1597 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Free Music from Gibson...really
« on: February 19, 2008, 08:22:15 PM »
Here.

Some acts I've never heard of here, but some well known names too: Neko Case, Wilco, Michelle Shocked, JJ Cale, Bob Mould, Mavis Staples, The Redwalls, Ted Nugent, Duke Robillard, Girl In a Coma, even Suzanne Vega.

Thanks, Henry.

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Free Music from Gibson...really
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 10:14:15 PM »
Cool. Downloading various tracks now. Thanks for the heads up, Dave!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 04:48:29 AM »
If you listen to Nugent's mindless Love Grenade from his most recent album and to Journey to the Center of the Mind from his Amboy Dukes days, both available as download here, it strikes how much he has dumbed down his music.  :'( I still love his sustainy tone though.

Speaking of Nugent: Remember how Rob Grange dropped by to say hello at one of the early Dudepit incarnations and mentioned that he would start his own site? He apparently has www.robgrangebass.com, it's still fledgling, but some good stuff like this pic:

That does take me back to a 1976/77 Nugent concert in Offenbach (near Frankfurt) where Rob stood there with his shades towering above the melée ... absolutley iconic I thought (still think if I'm honest!).

And no stranger to high register playing either, the man:

PS: Let's just all pretend he's playing a Gibson bass, ok?  ;)

« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 05:05:15 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

PhilT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 06:17:15 AM »
Thanks Dave, I'll have some downloading to do after work.

Also looks like some good material under Video and Gibson Recommends, if you have an flv downloader and player.

Add the Joe Bonamassa track to the worth-a-look list, blues rock on a Les Paul, somewhat on the same page as Gary Moore. Saw him live in Wolverhampton on Sunday. Bass player had a very new looking ESP Surveyor 5.  Something about natural ash + maple neck looks cheap to me, even though it probably cost him $1300. Sounded good though.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 08:06:51 AM »
Thanks for the link Dave!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 10:31:52 AM »

Also looks like some good material under Video and Gibson Recommends, if you have an flv downloader and player.

Yes, I didn't get a chance to look through all of those yesterday, not as much there that would interest me but there are a few.

BTW, if you want to rip audio tracks from an flv to mp3, AoA Audio Extractor is just the ticket.