Author Topic: Glad I found you guys!!  (Read 4218 times)

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
Re: Glad I found you guys!!
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 07:47:51 PM »
I'm sticking to mimes from now on

WTF!!  :o Even from 1975 - WTF!!  Lime green leisure/jump suit wearing, fro mulleted, mime!  And with the inuendo of anal sex in the thread?

Jimmy, you are indeed special to get this kind of welcome!  Welcome to the mad house - we get to finger paint on Thursdays....

Me, I'm still looking for a way to get the image of the "Lime Mime" out of my memory :P

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 08:04:02 PM »
Well blow me down?  SAHB lives!!!! They're back touring.  Here's the new band.  And, yes, Zal is still doing the whiteface. Now, he looks like a cross between Nicholson's The Joker and something out of Clockwork Orange

Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 08:14:48 PM »

Ahhh....makeup, can you ever really get enough?  I always save the lipstick for last.....it's so girly!
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 08:25:43 PM »
Yes.  Make-up.  And capes...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2008, 08:34:02 PM »

Hell yeah!  I always think if you play in a rock band you should dress the part.......
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2008, 04:37:55 AM »
Actually the recent live album of SAHB with Max Maxwell is very good, he does a credible job and has convincing pipes.

I always liked Chris Glen's bass work, especially on the MSG stuff. He later on toured with Ian Gillan in the Naked Thunder era after the latters awol from DP in the late eighties.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2008, 06:59:48 AM »
I saw Chris Glen and Ted McKenna as the rhythm section of MSG back in the '80s.  Glen took off during sound check with 2 women in hand.  An hour and a half later, they all returned, looking a little disheveled.

McKenna also toured with Rory Gallagher for a few years.

Glen had one of the best Fender tones I've ever heard.  He had that great dull thump that's so hard to hone in on.

I'm still waiting to find a band willing to do "Money Honey/The Impossible Dream" .  The most surreal concert I ever saw was SAHB opening for The Tubes.  On Halloween night.

...I must be the man in the jar....

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2008, 08:05:18 AM »
That's wild, he's scarier now then back then.

That was one band I never got to see live. Their music still sounds good after all these years

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2008, 08:41:35 AM »
"Glen had one of the best Fender tones I've ever heard.  He had that great dull thump that's so hard to hone in on."

He played a non-Gibson Explorer bass with MSG most of the time. Probably non-mahogany and with split coil pup, some Jap thing and he sounded Fenderish alright with it.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...