Author Topic: Thunderbird Pickguards  (Read 12866 times)

Barklessdog

• View Profile
Re: Thunderbird Pickguards
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2008, 08:40:04 AM »
You may have to hunt for someone that has the application to convert Raster to Vector

Adobe illustrator does that.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2008, 10:50:47 AM »

Here's the 'Birdie in question with some of its parts re-attached. Something in black may be the answer but I'm not ruling out anything yet.

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2008, 11:05:16 AM »
A chrome guard would be cool.

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2008, 01:02:40 PM »

A chrome guard would be cool.

Yeah, and that's what I'm thinking too........maybe with a 'Bird etched into it. probably $200.00 worth of pickguard when its done. I should have my head examined.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2008, 04:54:26 PM »
Love that chrome!
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2008, 05:36:13 PM »
Adobe illustrator does that.

But not all vector files are the same - check with your vendor before you get too carried away.  Some of the stuff that the sign guys use is proprietory.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 08:18:22 PM by lightyear »

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2008, 08:05:01 PM »
I got that carbon fiber pickguard for my tbird, but he said he needed a tracing for the trc.  Does he make them now?  I never got around to tracing my trc and sending it to him (holidays got a hold of me, my time, and my wallet).

The trc I bought was the one he had listed as a NR trc. It's the 20mm spacing also. The one I bought was exactly like my original one was.
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2008, 04:14:21 AM »
Yeah, and that's what I'm thinking too........maybe with a 'Bird etched into it. probably $200.00 worth of pickguard when its done. I should have my head examined.

Try http://www.terrapinguitars.com/ they did my custom engraved Fenderbird guard for around $68.00

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2008, 01:33:38 PM »

Thanks John,

That's a great website. I'll likely refine my idea slightly and go to them. 

angrymatt

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2008, 03:56:58 PM »
The trc I bought was the one he had listed as a NR trc. It's the 20mm spacing also. The one I bought was exactly like my original one was.

Thanks.
angrymatt, the lurk
'13 NR Thunder "Blue" Bird | '09 BaCHBird | '07 Zebrabird | '06 Tobias Growler | '03 Spector Rebop 5 | '87 Heritage

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2008, 02:00:04 PM »
John allowing, we could use his brilliant Buzzard logo for a couple of pickguards from Jeanies. I'd certainly have an interest in two or three. That would take care of any intellectual property issues there might be with the original TBird logo and if we order a larger number we might get a discount on them.

Uwe

I'd glady order a few. It'd be nice to have a couple in white and at least one in black.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2008, 02:28:15 PM »
John allowing, we could use his brilliant Buzzard logo for a couple of pickguards from Jeanies. I'd certainly have an interest in two or three. That would take care of any intellectual property issues there might be with the original TBird logo and if we order a larger number we might get a discount on them.

Uwe

Wow that post flew over my head (surprise)

Yeah that would be fine, but I dont know if Jeanies has the computer laser etching machine that Terripin used. He should still have the file or I can resend it to him. He also back filled the logo with black epoxy so it will not rub off over a long time.
 Stamping or embossing is very expensive as you have to make a metal tool, which I was quoted way back then about $100 just to make the tool.

Terripin does it all CAD.

Vector Illustrator file

The artist proof the sent me-

You could engrave it an any pickguard (reverse)

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2008, 02:30:18 PM »
The whole thing only cost me about $68.00, but that was several years ago- it might cost more less (smaller Reverse) now?

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2008, 02:55:47 PM »

Yeah John that's it!

I'm thinking one from Terrapin  Silver with that stamped or etched (if they can do it) plus at least one black one. Love the 'Bird!