Author Topic: small bass amp  (Read 8090 times)

HornetAMX

Re: small bass amp
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2008, 02:21:38 PM »
I did buy it at the local Guitar Center.  I was there again today and they have them available as well as an interesting looking one called a B50 I believe.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2008, 07:44:42 PM »
Thanks, Robert. I'm about 45 mi from the S. Austin store, will be up there within a couple weeks.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2008, 12:50:18 AM »
is there a site about the new Acoustics?

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2008, 12:05:02 PM »
I haven't found anything yet. Just the description at online stores.

The B50 Robert mentioned is wedge shaped and is said to be for acoustic basses.

The few reviews I've found have all been positive.

I did find this thread from the "unofficial acoustic control corp forum" but it's 15 pages long and I don't feel like digging through it right now.

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2008, 09:21:43 AM »
At that price it's probably worth taking a chance. If it sounds good through the speaker it should be okay through the headphone circuit. Did you buy it locally?

Dave, does Music123 have a liberal return policy like Musician's Friend? You wouldn't be risking much if you had the option of returning the amp within 30 days if you didn't like it.

I seem to remember a thread from three or so Dudepits ago that was about some headphones that were exceptionally well suited for practicing bass. I can't for the life of me remember what they were though... Anyone remember? If you had those and an amp that worked well in that situation, you'd be set! 

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2008, 02:17:40 PM »
George, Music123 is now a subsidiary of GC just like MF. GC bought it and its sister Woodwind & Brasswind out of bankruptcy early last year. Each is operated as a separate company but the merchandise and pricing on each website is identical. And the return policies are the same. Almost all the merchandise comes out of the same Kansas City warehouse. GC's online division is part of this too.

When I had to return something to Music123 last fall and they sent me a prepaid return shipping label (because it was their mistake), the return was addressed to MF.

My headphones are for hi-fi listening, they don't have an exaggerated low end like some studio phones do, but they have good, clear low end. If the amp circuit is good, they'll sound good.

HornetAMX

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2008, 06:20:58 PM »
Let me know when you are coming up to Austin and I'll meet you at the GC Dave.

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2008, 09:26:58 PM »
I seem to remember a thread from three or so Dudepits ago that was about some headphones that were exceptionally well suited for practicing bass. I can't for the life of me remember what they were though... Anyone remember?

Sennheiser HD 280s?

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2008, 02:35:07 PM »
Could be nice for a new thread. Bass headphones and mics.

JimmyBond8

• "You're so cute when you're stupid"
    • View Profile
    • The Afterwhiles - My Band
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2008, 12:36:56 PM »
Another small combo I noticed today while looking on the Harmony website.
http://harmonyguitars.com/ProductHome.asp?pl=amps

While I doubt seriously that its a tube amp, it might still have a nice vintage sound; or at least it has the looks for it.

ampang

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2008, 07:31:05 AM »
Thanx for pointing me at this one

http://www.acousticamplification.com/products/b20.cfm

unfortunately it seems not available in Europe as far as I have seen...is that true?
If I were in USA I'd buy it without exitation (110 or so $)...but with shipping and all it is not worth the effort maybe.

Any place in EU where they do stock it?

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2008, 05:09:44 AM »
Roland has a single 12 amp that is pretty sweet too. It has electronics that reproduce a number of great old amps including the B-15, SVT, Acoustic 360 and Bassman. This is definately one to check out.

Rick