Author Topic: Gibson S1  (Read 5160 times)

shadowcastaz

• View Profile
Gibson S1
« on: February 13, 2009, 07:47:38 AM »
Im in need of a photo of the controls for an S1(underside) .. In particular the rotary  control. I have the schematics but cant tell where to start on the  switch itself. The pups are  wired with diff color leads so that I can figure out . Either that or if someone can explain the layout of the dots in relation to the switch ,that would be awesome . Thanx ahead of time.M
It takes a very deep-rooted opinion to survive unexpressed

Barklessdog

• View Profile
Re: Gibson S1
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 09:32:08 AM »

Maybe post the Schematic?

shadowcastaz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 02:02:50 PM »
It takes a very deep-rooted opinion to survive unexpressed

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 08:50:19 AM »
I would PM Chromium.

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 08:42:16 PM »
Got your PM shadowcastaz- according to this schematic: http://www.gibson.com/Files/schematics/S1series1.pdf    ...that "bypass switch" is a 3PDT toggle (meaning three switches ganged together, each with two positions - dual throw).  Its an "on-on" config from the look if it (i.e. it has two fixed positions).  In that technical specs pamphlet that John posted, however, they talk about that switch having a center position  ???.  That confuses me - maybe someone with an S-1 can verify.  They might have reused/rigged-up a pickup selector switch there, or something.

In any case... going strictly by that schematic, a 3PDT switch with *two* positions (no center position) would do the trick. 

I found one full-size toggle with that config here:

http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=CKN1498-ND

That one has a big round switch bat on it and mounts in a 15/32" hole (outwardly full size, although the switch housing itself looks "mini").  That should look right - maybe it'll work for ya.

That S-1 body is lookin' good, BTW!  8)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 08:48:14 PM by chromium »