Author Topic: My Shameless Plug for Votes  (Read 3567 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: My Shameless Plug for Votes
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2008, 09:22:57 AM »
Voted alright, but Andy is no longer in the lead I fear ...
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Darrol

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2008, 01:40:20 PM »
The poll actually doesn't matter, it is just the readers view. It will matter when it is brought down to the top 10.
There are many in this world that call me Darrol, feel free to be apart of that group.

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2008, 05:41:03 PM »

The other day I noticed that two people on the poll were either watching it or had friends that were. Every time one of the two were out of the top place, the vote count would jump by  however many votes they needed to get back on top. In one day, the numbers went up by almost 1000 votes. Even though the vote doesn't mean much, I was hoping to actually see what public sentiment was on the videos. With that kind of vote stuffing, you can't really tell.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2008, 05:50:08 PM »
The voting is meaningless as it is more of who has more friends vs what is actually better, although Andy's is clearly better to me.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 05:28:01 AM by Barklessdog »

Darrol

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2008, 06:11:14 PM »
The voting is meaningless ass it is more of who has more friends vs what is actually better
Yep, I noticed something similar to that with my video for the Dull Boy contest I did in November. The people that had more friends passing it around got the most views which lead to even more views from being the top when searched. All that and they do not get to see the ones like mine that took weeks of continual work and hours of rendering.
There are many in this world that call me Darrol, feel free to be apart of that group.