Author Topic: New bass mag  (Read 2637 times)

Barklessdog

• View Profile
New bass mag
« on: February 15, 2008, 07:01:45 AM »
http://bassgearmag.com/web/

I subscribed.

Bass Player mag has continued to go down hill, but I still buy it and will never stop. I also find it irritating the way their reviews are so biased on both equipment & artists.

I like the Brit mags Guitar & Bass, pricey but huge on content and to me a great value as it provides months of reading.

ramone57

• View Profile
Re: New bass mag
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 08:34:30 AM »
nice!   Tom Bowlus is the editor-in-chief.   looks like it could be a great resource.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 09:25:46 AM »
I also love the British Guitar @ Bass Magazine. This one looks fine too.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 09:31:33 AM »
Looks promising. I'll at least pick up the first issue, assuming it's available at a music store or Borders. But even established publications are supposedly having a tough time in today's market. I wish them well.

Max Soren

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 10:58:19 AM »
I certainly hope it does better than "Bass Guitar" magazine.  I have all the issues to that.  Last summer I went on a long trip and I  was looking forward to seeing the new issues that had arrived when I was gone.  To my dismay, the magazine had been replaced by friggin' "Guitar World."  There were two useless issues of that waiting for me here.  Plus, the person taking care of my mail subscribed me to "Guitar World" for a year.  Of course she didn't understand and thought she was simply renewing my subscription to "Bass Guitar." 

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 11:39:56 AM »
 I'll go looking for it at Borders or GC, both are near my work..........I gotta have some kind of reading material to accompany me while I'm in the library errrr.....bathroom...........

It's Friday.....I'm SO hungover.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 12:33:57 PM »
I gotta have some kind of reading material to accompany me while I'm in the library errrr.....bathroom...........

If only there was somthing like this, but for the bathroom:

You know - WiFi, surround sound, cup holders...  Then you could go paperless.

Well... almost paperless.  Maybe recycle copies of Guitar World for that part...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 02:05:44 PM »
I'll go looking for it at Borders or GC, both are near my work.........

Not yet. First issue won't be out until late March.