Author Topic: Need pix of the brothers!  (Read 138684 times)

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
Re: Need pix of the brothers!
« Reply #795 on: September 22, 2017, 10:01:37 AM »
The stuff I've retieved from PB is only thumbnail size if I try to repost it using Imgur.
There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #796 on: September 22, 2017, 10:34:01 AM »
I hear you, sister.  Free services are great in that they're free, but you also don't have much leverage.  For important things, I like to pay for them.  I use FastMail for email, for example.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #797 on: September 22, 2017, 03:34:05 PM »
I have to say, it's really a gigantic pain in my delicate ass to get into PB and try to retrieve my stuff, mere words fail in expressing my hatred of that outfit!

Ay - absolutely - men.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: September 27, 2017, 09:48:46 AM »
Looks good on you! And I'm not even startin' on that awesomely epic 'tache!
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #800 on: September 27, 2017, 10:22:29 AM »
Ich danke Ihnen! It's a good thing the stache and bass looked good because I need some work. However, having a great girlfriend that loves to cook for you isn't the worst problem.  ;D
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

66Atlas

• View Profile
« Reply #801 on: October 07, 2017, 06:00:31 PM »
Tonight was an "Oktoberfest" gig in North GA. No Devil's Wheel though so Im not sure it can really count as an Oktoberfest...

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #802 on: October 07, 2017, 06:36:07 PM »
Nice!  What's your signal path there?

66Atlas

• View Profile
« Reply #803 on: October 08, 2017, 10:02:09 AM »
Nice!  What's your signal path there?

Not much of a path really, just the '64 Bird into a little ampeg PF 500 and no effects.  I picked up the amp a few years ago because i was tired of lugging a 400w tube amp around for smaller gigs. In this case I knew I likely wouldn't be able to pull close enough to the stage to unload so I just rolled this little guy a few blocks to the stage.  It lacks some of the fullness of a big tube rig but gets close enough for me to be happy and my back prefers it!

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 08, 2017, 11:55:46 AM »
Ah. I saw the other amp mic’d, so I wasn’t sure if you were simply pushing air.

66Atlas

• View Profile
« Reply #805 on: October 08, 2017, 01:12:15 PM »
Ah, everything for FOH was dictated by the production company that supplied the portable stage and PA.  He ran those E609s on both guitars.  I had a REDDI but he didnt want to use it and just DI from the head.

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #806 on: October 08, 2017, 01:13:57 PM »
Oh, so you did go through DI and used your cab as a monitor?

66Atlas

• View Profile
« Reply #807 on: October 08, 2017, 02:06:53 PM »
Yup. With that little amp I always DI either with the head or the REDDI.  Its good enough for the drunken Oktoberfest patrons  ;D

slinkp

• View Profile
    • slinkp home page
« Reply #808 on: October 16, 2017, 11:10:09 PM »
Three video excerpts from our latest gig, this past Saturday.  That's three so far this year! We're in the big leagues! ...
It was one of our most fun ever.  My 8-year-old daughter even came!  Her first time at dada's show.  Wish she was visible in any of these, she is way cuter than us.

Hope these are viewable. Facebook sucks as a video sharing platform, but it's the only way I have these currently ... they were all taken by friends of the band.
And they all start mid-song unfortunately.

First up - "I Want to Get Drunk and Watch TV"
https://www.facebook.com/80291266305/videos/10155808444506306/

Next - "Walk Away"
https://www.facebook.com/80291266305/videos/10155808447011306/
starts mid-solo. It's too bad they didn't get any of the verses, I love this song.

Looney guitarist Parker on the left broke a string mid-set and borrowed this Les Paul from the other band - normally he plays a single-P90 SG special.
But I'm kind of liking this triple-les-paul assault!

Last ... we closed with this cover ...
https://www.facebook.com/80291266305/videos/10155808440936306/

...  spirited if overzealous tempo... Parker blew out his voice during the song before it and had to make do with little but attitude left. At some point during this he improvised lyrics like "This song is a fifth-floor walk-up and my voice is stuck on the first floor" ...

I'm surprised that audio captured by iphone is not completely terrible!
What you hear is all coming straight from our own amps and un-amplified drums. Only vocals went through the PA.  Though the venue had said (in writing, no less) that they would provide a sound person, he/she was nowhere to be seen, so we relied on the other band to tell us who was too loud or quiet during the first song, and left it at that.

As usual I'm beyond happy with the same rig I've been rocking for about 8 years now... LPB through a Genz-Benz Shuttle 6.0 with the input gain at about 9:00, into an EA CXL110 and EA CXL112.  Coincidentally these three are all songs I play with a pick.  It's weird for me to watch myself, I had no idea I used downstrokes so much!

The only bummer was that the venue had promised (also in writing) that the bands would get 100% of the door if over 31 people showed up... I'm used to playing for free, so that would've been nice... we were way over that number and nobody has yet seen a dime... and they did NOT warn us that each band member would be forced to pay $20 out of pocket upon entry as some kind of insurance policy in case nobody showed up. Or something like that. It was very unclear.  I think we've been ripped off, a new low in NYC venue scumbaggery.

Basses: Gibson lpb-1, Gibson dc jr tribute, Greco thunderbird, Danelectro dc, Ibanez blazer.  Amps: genz benz shuttle 6.0, EA CXL110, EA CXL112, Spark 40.  Guitars: Danelectro 59XT, rebuilt cheap LP copy

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #809 on: October 17, 2017, 05:55:37 AM »
That sounds great!  What venue, so I know what to avoid?  Looked nice aesthetically.