Gear Discussion Forums > Bill's Shop: Projects, Mods & Repairs

Home made luthier/shop tools

<< < (20/20)

drbassman:
Yeah, that would work too.  The Veritas method is just lining up a 1/2" stud mounted in the router collet with the 1/2" pin.  I like using the 1/2" ID sleeve I got at Lowes.

Dave W:

--- Quote from: drbassman on March 10, 2016, 05:44:27 AM ---Yeah, that would work too.  The Veritas method is just lining up a 1/2" stud mounted in the router collet with the 1/2" pin.  I like using the 1/2" ID sleeve I got at Lowes.

--- End quote ---

Good idea. Can't you clamp it in place that way, then lower the router enough to put in the actual bit while the pin is already clamped? Or isn't there enough room?

drbassman:

--- Quote from: Dave W on March 10, 2016, 07:14:57 AM ---Good idea. Can't you clamp it in place that way, then lower the router enough to put in the actual bit while the pin is already clamped? Or isn't there enough room?

--- End quote ---

That's exactly what I do.  In fact, I can raise or lower the router or the pin as much as needed the way things are set up now.  The nice thing about the PC router base is you can drop the router out from the bottom, change bits and slide it back in with ease.  Takes no time at all and you have several inches of play to let you raise or lower the router/bit.

BTL:
I like it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version