Author Topic: Let's see your rig!  (Read 223671 times)

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
Re: Let's see your rig!
« Reply #180 on: June 17, 2010, 06:46:52 PM »
Dont get me wrong Ken, I love the classic style bass amps that you, Scott and Rob use and would almost commit heinous crimes to obtain one. The problem in Oz is in firstly finding a decent specimen and secondly swallowing my disgust at having to pay what usually turns out to be double the price you guys in the UK and US would regard as normal. I'm envious of Mark D  for picking up that Ampeg SB-12 recently.
Digresion our specialty!

ramone57

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 18, 2010, 05:06:34 AM »
Kenny, that looks awesome! 

:toast:

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 18, 2010, 11:55:20 AM »
It's getting there, Ramone, it's getting there... ;)

Crikey Bret, you could have walked in the factory and bought one when you lived in my part of the world... ;D And do get me right... don't forget that I'm an old hair-metal fogey... lethally cool speakers...

Whilst Ronn's combo shows us all that great things can come in little packages... size does not matter... ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #183 on: June 19, 2010, 06:10:10 AM »
Nearly back to spec...

Ronn to Bret - two (bi) polar oposites...?  ;)
That looks great Kenny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Funkster

• View Profile
    • JFHProductions
« Reply #184 on: June 22, 2010, 10:27:58 AM »
My little corner of the house... All rigs get used depending on the gig situation... 74 SVT on top a Berg 610, 70 SVT Stack, 80's GKRB400 on a old Bullfrog 115 cab, Eden WT400 on top of 2 BagEnd S15-D's.
LIFE Is all about ass. You're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, or trying to get a piece of it. 
http://www.jfhproductions.net/
Henry

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 22, 2010, 11:41:35 AM »
My little corner of the house... All rigs get used depending on the gig situation... 74 SVT on top a Berg 610, 70 SVT Stack, 80's GKRB400 on a old Bullfrog 115 cab, Eden WT400 on top of 2 BagEnd S15-D's.

Hey, how does the Berg sound compared to the "squareback" SVT cab?
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Funkster

• View Profile
    • JFHProductions
« Reply #186 on: June 22, 2010, 12:34:30 PM »
The Berg is tighter and has a little more low end, A little more modern sounding. The square back with all original speakers is a little more loose and breaks up nice has a tighter mid presence. Both killer cabs!
LIFE Is all about ass. You're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, or trying to get a piece of it. 
Henry

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 22, 2010, 03:19:44 PM »
Nice playroom... 8)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 22, 2010, 09:16:19 PM »
You forgot to mention the Ampeg Stool. Nice touch   :)
Digresion our specialty!

Funkster

• View Profile
    • JFHProductions
« Reply #189 on: June 23, 2010, 04:58:18 AM »
Thank you Gents,, That is my sanctuary! It's awesome that all my bands rehears at my pad and I get to use all my gear on a weekly basis...Nothing like the look on a guitar players face when they come down and jam and I'm plugged into an SVT!....
Henry

Iome

• Born to rock..forced to work
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 25, 2010, 11:13:20 AM »
Do you use the BagEnds with your Ampeg? I'm curious to know how they sound with old tubeheads, i'm looking for something light to use with my Marshall in small gigs.

Funkster

• View Profile
    • JFHProductions
« Reply #191 on: June 25, 2010, 11:18:22 AM »
Nope I never used the Bag's with the SVT I always take out the big cab when using those.. Not sure if the Bag 15's would handle the Tooby goodness of the SVT. They are a perfect match with the GK and the Eden though.
Henry

Hornisse

« Reply #192 on: June 26, 2010, 08:19:05 AM »
I used this last night at Cool River.  We always have nice PA support so I'm basically using it as a monitor.  The Gallien Krueger MB115 only weighs 35 pounds and puts out 200 watts but it is a loud 200 watts.  I tried the MB210 but prefer the 115 over it.  I use it on an amp stand so it is at a higher level.  We play pretty loud and I had the master at 3 o'clock and the gain around 11 o'clock.  Plenty of punch.  Bass is a 1989 DR Heartfield 5'er.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #193 on: June 26, 2010, 02:08:12 PM »

Much as I love my new Traynor...............

When I plug my GK 1001 in.............Whoa! That thing is so far beyond loud I've never even gotten it to half way.............The house would fall in on it.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Hornisse

« Reply #194 on: July 02, 2010, 11:20:59 AM »
Here is a pic from last Friday.  You can't see the rig but it was sounding great!  And yes, I'm back with my old band after a 9 month break.  We had our old drummer play 2 songs (I Love Rock And Roll, and Rock And Roll) and it was like riding a bike.  Pissed off the new drummer though.