Author Topic: Let's see your rig!  (Read 223481 times)

dzordz

• View Profile
Re: Let's see your rig!
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2009, 11:00:46 AM »
hell-o!
this is my rig of doom ;):

sansamp is used just to split signal.kustom is my dirty channel,and rest is bassdriven low,mid module.
regards!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 11:24:56 AM by dzordz »
gibson thunderbird,gibson rd std,epiphone jack casady,epiphone eb-o,joo-dee 4001,fender 51 p-bass,frankenstein fender p-bass,frankenstein humbucker p-bass,frankenstein 70 jazz bass,jolana diamant,ad200,obc410,obc115.orange matamp slave unit,fender bassman 215....

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2009, 06:33:45 PM »
Mine is in boxes till Christmas...I'll post it then.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2009, 07:23:19 AM »

This is the combination I've been using the most lately.
An Ampeg B40 cab with an Orange AD200 amp.

The Ampeg cab spent almost 10 years in the attic as a night table. It is not the most efficient cab in the world. It does not deliver tight lows.
Nothing like the Eden D210XLT cabs that I have.

But the combination of the Orange AD200 with the Eden cabs kept getting me into trouble. Every gig the rest of the band and/or soundman kept complaining about the sub lows.
So I thought; let's see what happens if I put a "not so efficient" cab under that Orange AD200.
Et voila: a perfect match!  The sound is really growly and compact.

Funny enough, I use the Eden D210XLT cabs with the Ampeg V4B that was originally made for the Ampeg B40!

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2009, 02:25:40 PM »
Are you using a pick in that pic Rob?
Digresion our specialty!

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2009, 03:37:17 PM »
I think so, yes.
I use both techniques, finger style and pick.
Depends on the song.

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2009, 01:22:57 AM »
I love the sound and use a pick sometimes. Rarely though because I just find it restrictive and that frustrates me. I guess I should just practice with one more  :rolleyes:

As my guitarist says   "make sure you have your cup of concrete each morning Bret!" (ie Harden up!)  LOL  ;)
Digresion our specialty!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2009, 03:16:17 PM »
I've just learned enough to start using a pick in the last month.  The key for me was one of the guitarists tell me to go ahead and pick in one direction instead of trying to always pick in both.  that got me started - and I'm learning to alternate directions now.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Hornisse

« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2009, 04:37:24 PM »

During the last 7 years of gigging I've had a lot of different setups but this was always my favorite rig.  Inside the Calzone case from top is:

Furman PL Plus
Boss TU50
DBX 160X
Yamaha PB1
QSC PLX 1602
Eden 410T with 4 Kendrick Black Label bass speakers (they don't make them anymore)

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2009, 12:09:22 AM »
here's mine. i using the plush since the svt needs work. and thats not an 8X10. its a 4X10+1X15 cab
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2009, 03:38:05 PM »

This is the combination I've been using the most lately.
An Ampeg B40 cab with an Orange AD200 amp.

The Ampeg cab spent almost 10 years in the attic as a night table. It is not the most efficient cab in the world. It does not deliver tight lows.
Nothing like the Eden D210XLT cabs that I have.

But the combination of the Orange AD200 with the Eden cabs kept getting me into trouble. Every gig the rest of the band and/or soundman kept complaining about the sub lows.
So I thought; let's see what happens if I put a "not so efficient" cab under that Orange AD200.
Et voila: a perfect match!  The sound is really growly and compact.

Funny enough, I use the Eden D210XLT cabs with the Ampeg V4B that was originally made for the Ampeg B40!

I love B40 cabs! Does yours have the original speakers, Rob? Mine is a later model with the recessed metal handles and black ozite covering - late 1970s. Unfortunately, I got it empty, and stuffed it with Peavey Scorpions, which will handle alot of power but are a much "tighter" speaker than the Eminence Alnico that it was originally equipped with. Actually (if memory serves), the B40 rig was a 120w head - a solid state unit - with the 410 bottom. The V4B cab was a folded horn design with a pair of 15s. I never cared for the sound of the old Ampegs through 15" speakers. OTOH, the 10s always sounded just right for bass.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Hornisse

« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2009, 04:09:23 PM »
I like those old Ampegs too.  And the Plush is just cool!

Sven

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2009, 06:54:55 AM »

exiledarchangel

• I like big necks and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2009, 08:39:19 AM »
Here's my behringer amp and 1x15 with a double hiwatt (plus a 2x12" cab) and an old ANAX tube combo amp (2x12") in restoration phase.

Sometimes when the geetardist isn't around I use one of his hiwatts, but please don't tell him, he maybe spank me.
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2009, 06:34:46 PM »
Hanging some soft material like rugs or carpet from the walls (and dropping carpet on the floor) would make that room much less acoustically live - your rehearsals would probably sound better. 

Hornisse

« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2009, 09:40:39 PM »
Here was my rig live.