Author Topic: Let's see your rig!  (Read 222360 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: Let's see your rig!
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2009, 12:52:47 PM »
That's a new one on me, TD... any comparison for an old "valve-head" like me...?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

JimmyBond8

• "You're so cute when you're stupid"
    • View Profile
    • The Afterwhiles - My Band
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2009, 09:57:13 AM »
Here's what I use. Well, minus that Envelope filter pedal; I just don't have a lot of luck with pedals sounding good to me.

Hornisse

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2009, 03:26:32 PM »
I love that Studio T Bird.  I've got to find a 5 string version..

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2009, 05:03:49 PM »
I like that Studio Bird to................................... I should have bought one.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2009, 08:29:12 PM »

Cherry 5er!

I want one - but that's one sweet 4 stringer too - Cherry stain 'Bird = sexy
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2009, 03:39:29 AM »
You keep growing that collection of yours and you're going to have to go WIDESCREEN...  ;D

Uwe... he went IMAX years back...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2009, 09:25:57 AM »
Here's my humble setup.  A Mesa Scout with a the 300w amp built into the 12" cab and an additional 15" Mesa cab that I just love.  It can really hold its own with a rock band and doesn't break my back!  This is actually a 4 speaker set up.  There's an additional radiating speaker built into the bottom of both cabs that directs sound down and out.  On stage, it's awesome to hear!

I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

JimmyBond8

• "You're so cute when you're stupid"
    • View Profile
    • The Afterwhiles - My Band
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2009, 02:09:45 PM »
Thanks guys!

I love that amp also my good Doctor. It is the amp I like to use whenever I'm at a shop playing something new; it has such a great sound and can be as versatile as you need. One day I'll have to actually own one.
The Gretsch is nice as well. ;)

Hornisse

« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2009, 09:25:01 PM »
I recently "retired" from the cover band I spent the past 7 years with.  Just getting to tired to do it anymore at 48.  Probably the same reason this setup always stays in the house!

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2009, 06:16:31 AM »
Hornisse, for the benefit of rank amateurs like me would you like to explain that bass?
Digresion our specialty!

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2009, 07:03:55 AM »
I'm in the process of re-covering my 12" EV cab and waiting for my new 1000w EVX-155 to turn up so my rig currently looks worse than Kens  ;)

I too believe in the sound of Ampeg and run an SVP-PRO with my own selection of Telefunken Nos tubes into an EV active crossover, Perreaux Mosfet power amp (soon-ishly to be replaced by a Powersoft D2004 which is 8.5Kg in a 1u rack 500W RMS per channel into 8 Ohms Digital power amp)

I will post some pics once I've got things tidied up a bit.
Digresion our specialty!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2009, 07:55:27 AM »
That looks like a Rick Turner Electroline with the diamond pickup.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2009, 09:17:26 AM »

Too tired at 48!

Come on now, I'm 51 and still humpin' a hugh rig around - with my sissy girlie arms!
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Hornisse

« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2009, 11:26:36 AM »
At least you still look sexy Mark!  I look like a fat old dude up there.  Our singers are 25 and 30 and I have kids around that same age.  Plus being a mailman I have to work on Saturdays which makes it difficult doing Friday shows.  Maybe if I drop around 60 pounds and die my hair black......(hmmmm....) :mrgreen:

Dave is correct that the bass is an early 1990's Rick Turner Electroline bass with both the diamond magnetic and piezo bridge pickups.  I always loved the Rick Turner era Alembic basses (1971 - 78) and I wanted an Electroline since they came out (but could not afford one) and this one came up recently at Bass Northwest.  I'm glad that store is not closer to my house or I'd be there every day talking with Evan and Steve Fossen.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2009, 12:17:07 PM »
I wondered why I couldn't remember seeing the Turner before. Good to know it's not my brain.  :)