Author Topic: True FenderBird??  (Read 4119 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: True FenderBird??
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2008, 09:05:16 AM »

Uwe,

If you just can't live with that F'Bird let me know........it's fantastic. Thanks for the pic

Did anybody see this?: http://www.bassnw.com/Used%20Basses/gould_thunderbird_4_st_VSB.htm

Never heard about Gould, who knows how it sounds... ???

This used to my bass tho I sold it about a year and a half back, I took a chance on it.........Its NOT a good instrument, more like a cheap 'ho.  I would say your $$$$ are certainly better spent on a Bach NR. If nothing else Rob (Basvarken) and Uwe are taking care to see that these will be much better versions.
Please avert your eyes from it now!

« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 09:17:22 AM by TBird1958 »
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2008, 09:10:38 AM »
Good point - I never actually realized that with the non rev pickguard on a rev body

Could of been Entwistle's sense of humor & irony. A non reverse reverse or a Reverse non reverse

I always laughed at the story that his aunt or someone died of lung cancer from smoking and when they cremated her smoke came out of the smoke stack as they left and Entwistle commented "see she still is smoking" or something to that effect.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2008, 10:23:35 AM »
Good point - I never actually realized that with the non rev pickguard on a rev body.

You need to talk to Bert Gerecht about his Funderbird page. He's still got your sound samples up, but he links to a long-gone thread from DPv.1.

Iome

• Born to rock..forced to work
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2008, 01:45:18 PM »
This used to my bass tho I sold it about a year and a half back, I took a chance on it.........Its NOT a good instrument, more like a cheap 'ho.  I would say your $$$$ are certainly better spent on a Bach NR. If nothing else Rob (Basvarken) and Uwe are taking care to see that these will be much better versions.
Please avert your eyes from it now!

Just curious, I'm waiting for the Bachbird too, it's even cheaper....