Gear Discussion Forums > Guitars Etc.

Well I went for it and here it is... (Sorry Chris P but it's another guitar)

(1/1)

Blazer:
My Eastwood Stormbird.

OldManC:
I really like the look of these! How does it sound?

Blazer:

--- Quote from: OldManC on January 13, 2009, 04:53:14 PM ---I really like the look of these! How does it sound?

--- End quote ---

Those stock pickups are up for replacement. Because they feedback when I play through my POD and headphones, I never had that happen to my other guitars. I decided to bring out my diamond saw and some black pickguard material to work out the kinks which make an otherwise cool guitar not work for me. This is what I'm working on, I also changed the shape of the pickguard to follow the true shape of a Non-reverse Firebird pickguard while retaining the position of the screw holes, so I can restore the guitar to it's original condition if I want to.

People have already scolded me about putting Humbuckers in that guitar but the routing underneath the pickguard made that I could do so without having to rout the thing further and I have no regrets getting those fake ass p90's out of that guitar, I mean if they feedback when being plugged into a headphone amp then there must be SOMETHING wrong about them.

Chris P.:
Now I have to visit you to kick some serious ass... :mrgreen:

Blazer:
Here's my Eastwood after I finished converting it. It sounds better than ever and regardless of what anybody might say, I LOVE the way it looks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version