Gear Discussion Forums > Fender Basses

MIM 60's J

(1/3) > >>

godofthunder:
 Hey guys is this a good deal ? I  played one of these in store and it felt great. The edges look a little bunged up. I'm not so sure the new MIA J I bought is for me. Thoughts please.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280199763945&ih=018&category=64400&_trksid=p3285.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DOp1%26ps%3D

eb2:
All the Mexican classic stuff I have played have been pretty good but all needed severe tweaking for playability.  I think that is a couple of hundo less than the ones in stores - I recall the jazz being around 650-700 depending on who had it or if they were blowing them out.  That looks nice.  My experience with them is plan on doing some time with the bridge and a screwdriver - maybe a fret file.

Dave W:
I'm not a J guy in general but the pickups in the Mexi Classic J sure don't do it for me. Plus there's the playability issues eb2 mentioned. Depends on how much work and/or expense you're willing to go to.

godofthunder:
Well it's gone, just as well. I'm having a little buyers remorse with the MIA J I just bought. I have some SD hot for Jazz bass pickups  coming from ebay, maybe those will give it a sound I like. The neck reminds me of my Warmoth F bird, real stiff like your using a rail road tie for a neck. The bass just doesn't seem to resonate. I should have held out for a '62 RI. Maybe I should stick with Gibsons.  :-\

Dave W:
What don't you like about your MIA J's pickups? If they're lacking midrange, the SD Hot for J should help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version