Author Topic: How come no one mentioned this?  (Read 9355 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: How come no one mentioned this?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2008, 08:28:14 PM »
They could get AL Gores wife Tipper to play drums, she played in a band in her younger days. Just have to watch those lyrics or she might have to put a warning label on it!

Wonder what Tipper would do if she had to play Zappa's music?  ;D

marcnorth

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2008, 09:39:25 PM »

Now that would be funny! ;D

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2008, 09:57:34 PM »

I vote they cover "Ms. Pinky" - good drums in that one!   ;D

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2008, 09:26:08 AM »
I vote they cover "Ms. Pinky" - good drums in that one!   ;D

Tipper might even find some Inconvenient Truths in the lyrics.  ;D

Max Soren

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2008, 12:18:50 PM »
Tom Scholz of Boston has written Huckabee a letter complaining that Huckabee is using Boston's "More Than a Feeling" for campaign events.  Barry Goudreau, who was in Boston a few years, but wasn't a founder such as Scholz, has played the song with Huckabee at a few campaign events.  Scholz said in his letter that he was flattered that Huckabee liked the song and took the trouble to learn the bass to it, but he also feels "ripped off."  He said he is an Obama supporter and Huckabee represents everything he is against.  He could have spared himself the trouble.  Most likely Huckabee's campaign will be over very soon anyway. 

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2008, 02:29:22 PM »
Yeah, I read that. Scholz is apparently clueless. You can't license your composition through a performance rights organization (ASCAP, BMI etc.) and then ask or demand that somebody stop performing it because you don't like his views on politics or anything else.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2008, 09:31:10 AM »
True. Bush Senior campaigned to "Don't worry be happy" and Bobby McFerrin, then a Dukakis supporter, didn't like it either.

Why does no one ever campaign to this song?

And Herr Furnier is a card-carrying Republican these days so Democrats could show how broadminded they are or Republicans finally find someone "from the fold" to sing for them.

Uwe
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2008, 09:52:24 AM »
Ahhhh..........Thank You Uwe!

That really brings back some great memories for me..............Alice Cooper a big influence in my life?
*No way!*
I saw him in 1973, Billion Dollar Babies tour, it was the first concert I ever went to........was actually the first time I went out on a date too.....What a great show, cost $10.00 for the 2 of us. I was too young to drive, had to have my Mom take us. Those were the days!

"Why does no one ever campaign to this song?
From the lyric.......

"I promise the formation of a new party, a third party a wild party...............(and further)
"I know we have problems in the North, South, East and West.....and personally I don't care!"

If somebody actually came out and said this.........You'd finally hear some truth!

« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 10:36:47 AM by TBird1958 »
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2008, 10:30:26 AM »
Or as Merle Haggard once sang:

When a President goes through the White House door,
And does what he says he'll do.
We'll all be drinkin' that free Bubble-Up,
And eatin' that rainbow stew.

But back to Alice for a minute. I'm a fan of James Randi, debunker of paranormal claims. He's the same guy who (as The Amazing Randi) toured with Alice in 1973 and operated the guillotine. In his Feb. 8 bulletin there's a brief story about Alice's recent 60th birthday party, with photo.

Oh yeah, and here's Alice in a great guest role with none other than Soupy Sales: . Yeah, you know exactly what's going to happen, and it's still funny.  :)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2008, 11:24:23 AM »
Herr Randi? So that is where our beloved moderator picked up that agnostic heresy about finish not influencing sound. Make a note of it ...

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2008, 06:18:11 PM »
Randi would be all over that sort of thing. He recently ridiculed the maker of some astronomically expensive audio cables because of the outrageous claims the company made. They backed down from his million dollar challenge, of course. When it comes to actually proving claims, charlatans always back down.

PhilT

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2008, 07:24:37 AM »
Ahhhh..........Thank You Uwe!

That really brings back some great memories for me..............Alice Cooper a big influence in my life?
*No way!*
I saw him in 1973, Billion Dollar Babies tour, it was the first concert I ever went to........was actually the first time I went out on a date too.....What a great show, cost $10.00 for the 2 of us. I was too young to drive, had to have my Mom take us. Those were the days!

Fast forward to 2000, Alice Cooper was the first real rock concert I took my daughter to (then 16). He put on an amazing show by any one's standards, not even allowing for the fact he was over 50 then. He had a lot of fun with some poor kid who came wearing a Marilyn Manson T-shirt.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2008, 09:17:46 AM »
They've become friends since:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKkmADWFcKM&feature=related

After all, they do have a lot in common: A penchant for too much mascara and eye shadow and a certain happy-go-lucky attitude when it comes to pitching in tune. Annie L., forgive them, they are trying.

Uwe

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2008, 09:29:15 AM »

::) A penchant for too much mascara and eye shadow "

Me too!
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2008, 10:59:05 AM »
But Fräulein Rommel, your intonation is always spot on!

That said, you probably wouldn't require too much of a change in outfit should you step in Twiggy Ramirez' (or one of his faceless successors in the Manson band) shoes.

Last I heard, the two are together again, Twiggy and Marilyn I mean. With Jimmy and Robert being their inspiration:

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2008/01/12/marilyn_manson_aamp_twiggy_ramirez_reuni