Author Topic: Very surprising friend request for my Band Slavantas on Myspace.  (Read 810 times)

Blazer

Very surprising friend request for my Band Slavantas on Myspace.
« on: November 25, 2008, 07:28:52 PM »
Okay then, with our roots firmly in eighties terra firma when it comes to our music and our songs saluting Iron maiden and Iced Earth it's not that surprising that our band is causing quite a stirr.

http://www.myspace.com/slavantas

Based on our promo alone we attracted the likes of Metallica, Judas priest and Iron maiden as our friends.

But today I was not just a little surprised to find a friend request from, of all bands, Stryper

Stryper is a cool band I'll admit it. But they are polar opposites to what we with Slavantas are representing, not that we're satanic but we do sing about death, war and dispair, completely different from the upbeat songs of Stryper.

Still, I guess we DO have some common ground.

Rocker949

Re: Very surprising friend request for my Band Slavantas on Myspace.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 08:48:27 AM »
There is a lot of death, war, and despair in the Bible.  I think you are correct in saying you do have some common ground.  But why is this in the bass zone section?

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 05:09:50 PM »
thats funny.i once heard that Stryper asked Slayer to do a tour called "heaven & hell" and Kerry King responded by punching the dude in the face.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 04:08:22 PM »
STRYPER ROCKS! Love the Double Bass Drumming on this:

Not to be confused with this:

Lordy! hahaaaa

My band TigerShark just got a friend request from Great White!
We're thrilled about that--they've been a big influence.