Author Topic: Ripper/G3 clone audio samples  (Read 1975 times)

Bass VI

• View Profile
Ripper/G3 clone audio samples
« on: February 06, 2008, 10:21:15 PM »
Thanks to Mod Dave ( and Blazer ) for the info  ;D

A few audio samples of my R/G3, the first is the neck pup only direct into Cubase through a Zoom H4, no eq or effects, played with a pick ( of course )
Open E,A,D.G......chromatic from open E to c, then the chorus to one of my bands songs.....if this works I'll add the other combinations in order, neck, neck/middle, middle, etc.
 Please see Daves' reply below: at his suggestion I was going to reload these as mp3s, however my version of Cubase just informed me I've reached my max number of mp3 transfers and I need to update @ $24.95.
While I love you guys, I just don't feel like messing with it right at the moment, so please bear with two snippets and a bit of a wait downloading them. I'll try to figure a better solution....... :)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gekmrv

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7pihxg

And a pic

« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 10:59:54 PM by Bass VI »
There was nothing in the world
That I ever wanted more
Than to feel you deep in my heart
That I ever wanted more
Than to never feel the breaking apart
All my pictures of you

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Ripper/G3 clone audio samples
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 10:40:02 PM »
Scott, you might want to convert the track to mp3, especially if you're going to add more tracks. That uncompressed .aif took me a minute and a half to download on cable internet.

That sounds real nice as a neck pickup. A bit of single coil twang with good lows.

Bass VI

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 10:43:50 PM »
Yep I noticed the same thing, it took 18 second the first time I checked it and a minute and a half the second. I'll modify it.
Wow you're quick!

Scott
That I ever wanted more
Than to feel you deep in my heart
That I ever wanted more
Than to never feel the breaking apart
All my pictures of you

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 04:00:09 AM »
Yup, that is a G-3 sound alright! Up to then no other Gibson pup with maybe the exception of the LP Sig pup had those beautiful sparkling highs. Yet it doesn't sound tinny at all.

Are you running the pups as single coils, i.e. not always two (or even three) of them together like in the original G-3 wiring? That was either front two, all three or rear two pups (a common mod was combining just the front and the rear pup, leaving the middle pup out, I have that on one of my G-3s, pre-owner modded it that way).

I like the middle pup setting on your recordings - had a coffee while they loaded!  ;) - for the added midrange.

Uwe
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 04:54:24 AM »
Great sounding clips, I was just listening to some Early Green Day and the sound was amazingingly close.

Great job and a really nice bass

Bass VI

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 11:09:37 AM »
Yup, that is a G-3 sound alright! Up to then no other Gibson pup with maybe the exception of the LP Sig pup had those beautiful sparkling highs. Yet it doesn't sound tinny at all.

Are you running the pups as single coils, i.e. not always two (or even three) of them together like in the original G-3 wiring? That was either front two, all three or rear two pups (a common mod was combining just the front and the rear pup, leaving the middle pup out, I have that on one of my G-3s, pre-owner modded it that way).

I like the middle pup setting on your recordings - had a coffee while they loaded!  ;) - for the added midrange.

Uwe

It's set up as single coils in positions 1-3-5, positions 2-4-6 are combinations as follows:
1 neck
2 neck/middle
3 middle
4 middle/bridge
5 bridge
6 bridge/neck

The two samples are:
1 neck         http://www.sendspace.com/file/gekmrv

2 neck/middle       http://www.sendspace.com/file/7pihxg

Cheers and again thank thank you all,

Scott