Author Topic: Let's see your rig!  (Read 223826 times)

morrow

• View Profile
Re: Let's see your rig!
« Reply #630 on: January 26, 2024, 06:21:42 AM »
Modern cabs are a gift. Back in the day I used to lug around a fridge , and then downsized to a cab that only weighed about eighty pounds.
I got tired of lifting that. Now I smile when I pick up a cab , I have a 110 , 112 , and 210 and simply pick whatever best suits what I need. I rarely need two cabs , but always have that option.
The GenzBenz amps have a great reputation , and will stand beside modern amp designs. And the designer still services them. He’s behind the SubwaySeries that Mesa have done. And the Genzler amps carry on that tradition too.
I have a GB Streamliner that Andy Field serviced , it’s like a new amp. Three tube preamp so it can get pretty warm. You can dial in distortion or run it clean. It does take some time to spin the knobs and really get a feel for what they can do.
Classic amp.

soulman

• Just an old weekend warrior on his last outpost
    • View Profile
Re: Let's see your rig!
« Reply #631 on: January 31, 2024, 01:11:27 PM »
I think many of us have entered into a phase of reducing the weight of our gear and fortunately for us the music industry has been delivering what we need.  I've actually gone through a couple phases of this the last was going from a bi-amped 2x15/2x10 rig to a 4x10.  Then to that Epifani 212 and another Epifani 112.  The 112 got sold a couple months ago and as soon as the 212 sells a Genzler BA 112 will replace it giving me three options of 110, 112, or both and the heaviest will still weigh less than 30lbs.

So I've gone from an over 80lb 4x10 to a 50lb 212 to the MG350 Combo at 25lbs and when I add that BA 112 both will weigh about the same as the Epifani 212 but much smaller and able to be carried individually or one in each hand whenever I'm feeling particularly "brutish".  LOL  It actually pains me to sell that 212 because it sounds so good but it's just too bulky for me to carry by myself now.  These new Bass Array cabs are a real Godsend for us older guys who still want to gig awhile longer.
Surely some day my epitaph will read; "Don't mind him. He's just the bassist".